_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Hello from Mrs. staff_Jim
EmerldEyze
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 12:01 PM UTC
Hi guys (and gals),
I don't come on the site very often and haven't posted for eons but after the last few days, I felt it was time to share this with all of you.

Jim has been so concerned about the site being down because he knows what it means to many of you and was afraid he was letting you all down. Even though he worked close to 60 hours this week, he still woke up early and stayed up late trying to get the site back online. He originally started Armorama for himself but he keeps it running for all of you. You guys mean a great deal to him and it's important to him that you all are happy with the site. Although I may occasionally grouse about the amount of time he spends on Armorama (hey, I am a wife, after all), I'm actually very proud of what he has accomplished here (just don't tell him I said so )I just want to say thank you to all those who continually support Jim in this endeavor. It truly means a lot to him, and to me, as well.

Take care,
Kirsten aka Mrs. staff_Jim
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 12:13 PM UTC
We appreciate your support for Jim as well. Believe me, I know the value of having a supportive wife. Ask my wife, she is just days away from having her sixth child.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 12:42 PM UTC
Thanks for that Kirsten! This site means a lot to all of us, And we are thankful and support Jim all we can. It is a wonderful thing that Jim has done with this site, and we only hope it will continue to grow.

Best regards,

Garry
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 12:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

We appreciate your support for Jim as well. Believe me, I know the value of having a supportive wife. Ask my wife, she is just days away from having her sixth child.

Hey Rob!
Congrats on a soon to be father of six !
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 01:33 PM UTC
Kirstin,
You are the BOMB! I hope my girl has such the support for me that you show for Jim! I have to say I have never been more impressed with a website than I am with Armorama and in the last few days I found myself thinking that old phrase " you don't know what you got until it's gone". I now know and with this first post after the trouble, I'll say " thank you " to you for supporting Jim, and the rest of us, in our hobbies. He probably couldn't do it without you being by his side and so, neither could the rest of us!

Please, stay true,

Cuhail
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 01:45 PM UTC
hiya Kirsten, I think its great that you support Jim like that, but on the other hand, its not that big of a deal that armorama is down for a day, I finally got to building a model :-)

what Im trying to say is that you and Jim have lives of your own also, wich you should live.

anyway. enjoy yr weekend.

and nice to have met you
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 01:47 PM UTC
What a sweetheart!

Jim
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 02:12 PM UTC
You, Mr Staff Jim sir are one very lucky fella having a lady wife who is so supportive of you and your efforts.

Thank you Jim for setting up and running such a great site and thank you Kirsten for supporting Jim

All the best
Pete
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
KitMaker: 417 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 02:51 PM UTC
hey kirsten we appreciate what you do for jim ,and what jim does for us
The_Swede
Visit this Community
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 03:27 PM UTC
@ Jim and Kirsten

Keep up the good work with the site.
Althou I don't post that much I do check the forums every day looking for inputs and to see if there is anyone that neeeds my help with anything, preferably swedish armour.
Armorama is one of the three modelling comunities I visit on a daily basis and I like how the site has developed.

EDIT.
Hey, look. I got my A-guard patch

/Thord
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 03:57 PM UTC
kirsten,

jim's a lucky guy to have such a supportive wife, and you should be proud that so many people around the world love this site so much!

i know ive missed it during the recent outages!

regards from sunny england!

joe
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 04:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

kirsten,

jim's a lucky guy to have such a supportive wife, and you should be proud that so many people around the world love this site so much!

i know ive missed it during the recent outages!

what more can I say.

Jim with your support Kirsten has built a great site enjoyed by a multitude of people from all over the world. For that you and him will always be recognised, by me at least. If you ever get over to my part of the world you will always be welcomed with all the support that the Roo can muster.
flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 05:11 PM UTC
A big bunch of Cyber blooms to Mrs Jim....
the lady behind the throne.

Thanks a million for letting Mr Jim do his stuff.

Cheers
Peter

Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 06:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

A big bunch of Cyber blooms to Mrs Jim....
the lady behind the throne.

Here, here! Thanks Kirsten. 5000 people from all over the world appreciate your support for the man who gives us the best site in the world!
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,876 posts
Armorama: 1,120 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 07:14 PM UTC
I'm but 1 of that 5000......Thankyou for lending us your Husband!
Spuds
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 393 posts
Armorama: 287 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 08:36 PM UTC
Jim, Thanks for all you do with this site. There's hardly a day going by that I don't learn something new and useful. Heck, it's a lot better than the local news rag. And Kirsten, you're a wonderful example of the old adage, "behind every good man, stands a better woman".
Art
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 604 posts
Armorama: 318 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 09:31 PM UTC
Kirsten;
It's nice to know we have TWO dedicated and talented people supporting us. Maybe(?) you could do a feature every so often, something on the order of a wife's view of modeling. Thanx to both of you.

Art
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 10:01 PM UTC
Kirsten

Thanks to both you and Jim for the excellent site that Armorama is. Jim for the work he puts in and you for the support you give him.

These are for you and Mrs G (Rob's better half) from www.nzflower.co.nz:

Rob, congratulations to you and your wife on the sixth little one. So it is not only advice on armour that you can provide!
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 10:01 PM UTC
I can`t really add anything to what is already said above

I only want to shout out a big Thanks to the both of you for all the dedication and time spend to a bunch of people that you have never seen in your entire life

firemann816
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 790 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 10:08 PM UTC
Thanks
from all of us to both of you
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 10:39 PM UTC
Kirsten, I think what Jim does here is amazing. I have only been involved in modeling for a very short time and not a memeber here for that long, and i have made many great friends and learned huge amounts since being involved here. I applaud you for your support of Jim, being the girlfriend of a modelor, i know what that support often means. Hats off to you both. Kisses and hugs.. Mary

(++)
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 10:45 PM UTC
Hello Mrs Jim,its not very often i raise a glass of my favourite red vino in a toast and mean it,but you both deserve the opening of a good vintage,,,,,corkscrew in,pull,pop goes the cork,glug,glug,deep red vino in the glass Italias finest,,,,Raising my glass to you both,SLURP...Ahhhhh!,the thing i have to do for friends,best wishes to you both.
Arthur :-)
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 11:13 PM UTC
hi Kirsten,
I always believed Jim has something more important and valuable for him to share Armorama with us. you know all modelers keep the BEST for themselves.
thanks for the support you gave to us and please kep it that way because Jim and Armorama means more an internet society for most of us.
best regards
 _GOTOTOP