_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Academy Early Tiger 1
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 01:40 AM UTC
Hi guys,

This is the Academy tiger 1, interior version. But, I closed it up because the interior did not turn out the way I wanted it to. Its a great kit, took lots of time to build but its fun. You will nottice that some of the little fittings are missing, this is my fault, I started painting and it was only after the grey went on did I notice it. They will be added soon though. The tracks are individual links that came with the kit, and the barrel is a turned metal one from ( I think anyway) Barel depot or something like that. HORRIBLE, it was all rigid when I got it, and I had to sand it down, it still is very prominent. Obviously it was a bad tool, they have got to work on their quality control.

]
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 05:34 AM UTC
Decent job. One tip - before 'bending' fenders thin the part from undrneath, that way the edges don't look so thick.
I have this kit to build, hoping to make it as the Bovington vehicle, any drawbacks that I aught to know about?
airwarrior
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 05:43 AM UTC
Theonly suggestion I can make, is don't bother painting the ruber on the wheels behind the first pair, I learned the hard way that it just gets covered up in the end by the tracks.
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 12:52 PM UTC
Good job you got there,dont see many grey Tiger these days.what colour did you use for your mud?i think its looks too red.also what paint did you use for the base coat hope its Tamiyas german grey as am going to use it on my Tiger i have just started.cheers
airwarrior
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 02:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Good job you got there,dont see many grey Tiger these days.what colour did you use for your mud?i think its looks too red.also what paint did you use for the base coat hope its Tamiyas german grey as am going to use it on my Tiger i have just started.cheers

I did it grey because, well I like grey tigers :-) I used Humbrol 66 for the grey, it went on allright, though if you use this you will probably end up with a differnet color. My humbrols are very old, (up to 10 years), and all the pigment has settled at the bottom, and must be thouroughly mixed upon opening a "new" can, and the paint wasn't mixed as thouroughly as possible, produceing a darker, glossier shade.

The mud is arts and craftes syttore browns mixed with squadron putty. It was originally very orange, and unrealistic, I then brushed on another coat of the same colors, with black in the mix, better but not the dusty mud look I was looking for. I then scraped up a brown pastel and rubbd it on the tracks and wheel, which is the red color you see. Its a little darker in real life
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,523 posts
Armorama: 710 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 03:47 PM UTC
Looks very good there, Only one small point here. It is very dirty and heavily weathered, but all the markings look brand new. IE the elephant. Other than that looks good.

Herky
 _GOTOTOP