_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Warrior Interior Question
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 681 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2004 - 11:02 AM UTC
I just ordered the Warrior "IRAQ 2003" kit from Academy today hopeful they'll have it in stock.

Is there any updates or conversions PE or Resin for a interior for a Academy Warrior ( Iraq 2003 ) or anything that would look some what accurate.

I was going to do a dio in Basra from OIF with Chally 2 and a Warrior with a T-62 near water or a bridge.

There are some nice figures from blast-models that I wouldn't mind trying. Plus there are some nice plastic modern british figures also.

I have gotten away from modern USA armour for awhile so the next best thing is British AFV.

Happy Modeling
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2004 - 01:20 PM UTC
Don't know of any Warrior Interior kits. I scrached one up for a Warrior in ODS. Theer is a book thay shows all sorts of interior photos and diagrams. I think it was a Squadron Warrior in Action book. I borrowed it for my build, don't have it any more.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2004 - 03:30 PM UTC
I have some pics of Warrior interior and could send it to you if you want... There is no interior kit on the market so your only option is scratchbuilding. Accurate Armour has some update sets you can be interested in as well as some modern Brit figures that would be usefull... I have "old" Academy Warrior with AA ICV update and couple of figures... and I must say Accurate Armour stuff is really nice.

Gino: do you have some pics of your Warrior? I'm really interested to see the interior you made...

Mario M.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2004 - 10:34 PM UTC
No pics of the interior, but here it is:

The interior layout was pretty easy actually.
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 681 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 12:15 AM UTC
HeavyArty

" Nice work " that was what I was thinking of doing too.

Your work on it is impressive I hope mine comes out as nice as yours did. So the 2 are deployed like the Abrams and Bradley's are they work side by side.

I wasn't sure about the figure's they are still up in the air. I haven't thought of a theme yet.

Happy Modeling
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 01:45 AM UTC
Good work Gino... I was also thinking of something simmilar, but with LandRover WMIK instead of Challie... The figures I have are from AA and they are in relaxed poses, so it would be some sort of "after the battle" thing.

Mario M.
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2004 - 06:40 PM UTC
Here are some books and links to help with your Warrior.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=47209&messageid=1092819543
 _GOTOTOP