_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Has anyone built an ICM 1/35 Luchs Tank
Wehrmacht
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2004 - 07:01 PM UTC
Hello all,

This is my first post here. My Dad, Sgt.Wilhite told me to check it out. Anyway, I just recently ordered one of the kits and was wondering what the kit itself was like and how difficult it was to build. I have built some Tayima kits before so I am far from a beginner. Any help would be great.

Thanks.
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,009 posts
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2004 - 07:28 PM UTC
ICM kits are typical of most eastern european kits. It has individual tracks and a multi piece lower hull. Unlike Tamiya kits that come with a pre made hull. Detail is fair to soft and could use some sprucing up. There are some dimensional innacuracies but overall I think its a good kit for a fairly new modeller. It has some challenges but with some patience it will build into a respectable model. If you wanted to improve it there is a very comprehensive pe detail set by Aber available. Good luck.
Bryan
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2004 - 08:44 PM UTC
I enjoyed building this kit, out of the box, when it first was released. Had no really terrible problems with it, and have a few more sitting in the stash waiting to be built.
As Bryan already stated, has a few nit-picks, the trank links on mine basicly fell together, fitting so well, I could do the upper and lower runs without cement. The figure is a little large.
Thanks for the heads up on the Aber set, Bryan.
Due to the rising of kit prices, I am simply going to build the stash, and save the cash.
OH... the pains of "NO New plastic" withdraws......
TreeCat
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 187 posts
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2004 - 09:23 PM UTC
It is a good kit there is a set of resin replacement parts
for some of its problems from Jaguar and a long time ago Fine Scale Modeler had a kit review of it when it came out with some notes on how to detail it using plastic parts from your spares box [ see Germany and die German board of tourisim 1945 ]
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 964 posts
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2004 - 10:48 PM UTC
I built one some time ago and had no real problems with it, you can always find aftermarket and stuff in the spares box to replace those details you want to replace and have a great model.
Wehrmacht
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 26 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 07:29 AM UTC
Thanks guys I will put the pics of it in my gallery when I finish it.
 _GOTOTOP