_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Armorama does make a difference
flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 02:53 PM UTC
Hi...
oh no...flitzers gone soft again...)
However, having taken stock of my modelling here and what I hope for the future when I get back to the land of chip butties and pies I look at my models pre-Armorama and post Armorama. There is a big difference.
My models previously were ok under the circumstances, but the improvement is amazing since strolling through Armorama's halls of wisdom, experience and friendly advise.
I still have a long way to go before I can say I make excellent models, but the satisfaction and enjoyment has doubled.
I look forward to continuing the path of improvement thanks to everyone conected on site, because its mostly down to you guys.

Thanks
Cyber bar...drinks on me...
Peter
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
KitMaker: 417 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 03:04 PM UTC
agreed
Augie
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 711 posts
Armorama: 157 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 03:25 PM UTC
It's made a difference here, too!
Tony_Frey
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 272 posts
Armorama: 142 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 05:32 PM UTC
Very well put!
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 05:40 PM UTC
The advice and support from this site and the community that subscribes to is invaluable. I think we all owe Jim alot for setting this up. Thanks Jim!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 10:02 PM UTC
100% right. The friendly encouragement, pushes one to be better each time. I was starting out when I found armorama first, so there was a chance I might have improved a little. But in the few years Ive been here, its nothing short of miracoulous!
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 641 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 10:11 PM UTC
Here Here!
Although I cannot participate as much as I'd like, the valuable feedback from people here on my dios has been great and helpful...always quick to answer questions is another bonus...great job Jim for this site!
-Kelly
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 10:32 PM UTC
Hope you don't mind my postings here:

My early stages in Armorama. Finished the kit, July 2003

And here I am now. Finished March 2004.

Without Armorama, I won't improve this much.

Cyber beer to all!!!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 10:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

100% right. The friendly encouragement, pushes one to be better each time. I was starting out when I found armorama first, so there was a chance I might have improved a little. But in the few years Ive been here, its nothing short of miracoulous!

I agree 100%, I personally think it's the amazingly FREINDLY encouragement, and help and suggestions, posted in a friendly and courtious way here at Armorama that makes a big difference from other sites.
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,876 posts
Armorama: 1,120 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 12:32 AM UTC
Whole heartedly agree 100%
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 3,040 posts
Armorama: 1,016 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 12:51 AM UTC
I absolutely agree. I'm so happy I found this this site My skills are much more improved and therefor I want to thank everybody here. And Jim ofcourse Who set this all up.

Thank YOU

PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,876 posts
Armorama: 1,120 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 06:07 AM UTC
Only one complaint...since joining my stash has some how grown from 10 kits to "a hide what I can" 45+.
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 06:25 AM UTC
I agree 100 percent,
Armorama made me a better modeler then before i came here.
i learned a lot of great things from the other members here. they helped me get over that hump.
and they share there wisdom and tips.
modelers long ago never gave there wisdom.
it was allways top sercet lol.
WE ARE TRUELY A BAND OF BROTHERS
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 681 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 06:39 AM UTC
Agreed

I have even changed and have a new life in armour models and now there are alot of choices before I only had ships and there where only so many.

I am very happy with this site in my models and in a support group for mental health to. These members are so understanding, caring and thoughtful of other peoples feelings that it just more than a hobby site now for me. I am not sure if it feels that way to other members but it does for me.

Happy Modeling
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 06:59 AM UTC
(++) (++) (++)

Armorama has aided me in getting knowledgeable feedback on what I have built and posted pictures of here in the site.
And I have been able to actually meet many of the individuals who live nearby.
So lets hear it for Jim,
One Tequilla,
2 tequilla,
3 tequilla,

FLOOR!
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 10:41 AM UTC
I'm agreeing too!
Admittedly I was chronic before Armorama, but with the help of folks here, I do not take myself and my hobby too seriously.
Thanks all.

Mike
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 842 posts
Armorama: 607 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 10:58 AM UTC
Here Here!!!
I totally agree.....with Tank Carl on the
One Tequilla,
2 tequilla,
3 tequilla,

FLOOR! thingy

....oh yeah....iI agree on the other thing to.
This site has stopped me from spending money on magazines about modeling...and with the money i'm saving, I can now but the better brands of Tequilla.
Ole'
Hiram_Sedai
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 201 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 11:22 AM UTC
I would gladly add my verbage to the sentiments stated herein. I drench my models less and do not stab at the model thingy much any more with the exacto knife. I cut myself less and I sometimes use more than one color on a model.

My tanks are no longer excrement colored. Well, that is to say that I have multicolored tanks now. I used two colors last week.

I would like to thank the very kind and munificent people at Armorama for the improvement of my love life too. Now that my models look better, the little mrs. is much more affectionate.

One Armorama personage stands out as an unique benefactor. Before joining Armorama, William Shatner was my hero (for obvious reasons).

Now it's LogansDad. He and I actually spoke on the phone and he was very kind and empathetic towards my plight. He understands that I am inept and a dim bulb, but he encouraged me to continue modeling so that others would feel better about themselves at my expense. Such a great guy!! (Kidding, Rob)

Yes, this messageboard has impacted my modeling passion and has given me an oline home. I won't really feel worthy to be among you but I am grateful.

Your biggest fan,

Mike

Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 12:55 PM UTC
fOR sure Armorama makes the difference!!! Not only in quality of models but also in creativity. Campaigns and other peoples pushing is a motive for finishing up models and go to new stuff.
In this site i have found many good friends and i ve also got the figures virus.......
Hopefully i ve met a good doctor also here !!!!!!

Many tequillas for Armorama and JIM

COSTAS
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 01:28 PM UTC

joo no wha ? (hic)

I ruv ooh gise (hic)

joo gise are d' besseset bunch o' gise (hic) EBBER!

allrye (hic), nooo moor beeers (hic)

coooool(hic)llll
(thump)
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 02:04 PM UTC
O.K.,
On a more serious note, I have never been encouraged in my modeling by anybody like I have with you guys. I have gotten more support and inspiration from all the great modelers here at Armorama than I could have anywhere else in my life and travels!
I have to point out Big Three of the "Good Guys" that have made a big difference to me here.

Dave "Animal" Willet: It was your modeling that caught my eye here and convinced me to join. In my eyes, (and I'm sure in others, too) you are one of the best scratchbuilders I have ever encountered and you inspire me to just do it!

Jim "Gunnie" Lewis: You have come up with some truly amazing advice and techniques, arriving just when I needed them.

Gordon "Tread Head" Rain: I have a buddy in Boulder Colorado and the next time I visit him, I'm giving you a call, and we are totally going out and I'm buying you and the Mrs. a steak dinner! Nuff said!

Now, I can't list everybody. Logan'sdad, Slodder, Shonen Red, Major Goose, Plasticbattle. You all make a differance and you should know it. Everybody here makes this community what it is and you should ALL be proud! (Even you Hiram, you are with the light)

And, we should all bow our heads to the creator...
...Staff Jim, without whom we would all be suffering without!
AND A BIG SHOUT OUT TO MRS. STAFF JIM! without whom Jim would be suffering without. :-)

Again, you guys are the greatest!

Cuhail
 _GOTOTOP