_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
PX Entry 2 advise please
flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 03:06 PM UTC
Hi...
just realised that the antenae cable on the Fw TL Jaeger Entwurf lll comes from the top leading edge of the tail fin....no problem...but secures through the rear of the canopy. Similar to the 190 I imagine.
This will need a little hole drilling in the canopy and wiring up before painting...???
Any one done something similar?
And how you went about it.

Many Thanks
Cheers
Peter
:-)
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 06:57 PM UTC
Well Pete, I once simply drilled the hole, ran a piece of thread through it, secured the first end to where it went inside the canopy, then glued the canopy on. and simply wrapped the length of thread into a small coil and taped it to the top of the canopy. Painted the model, the simply removed the thread and canpoy mask, and then ran the thread to the tail.

If you already got the canopy on it, if you drill through you may end up with some plastic inside, probably just a small amount, and hopefully it won't be seen. For that I'd try a piece of extra thin wire. I get mine from an old.... and I mean old transistor radio antenna. They use to have the antenna inside wrapped with extremely (like finer than human hair) wire.
flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 08:26 PM UTC
Thanks Dave...great help.
I'll give it a go. Luckily the canopy is not on yet.
Cheers
Peter

:-)
 _GOTOTOP