_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
The strangest thing ever!!
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2002 - 04:27 PM UTC
I finally found myself all alone on the site. Like wandering the empty dusty corridors of an abandonned hospital (or insane asylum in my case) or travelling the deserted, tumbleweed filled streets of a ghost town. Already feeling kinda pushed out of my own front door here on the home front, I felt myself momentarily filled with a sense of emptiness. I nearly pinched myself to see if I was still alive or not. I'm sort of licking my wounds for the moment while passing through this turbulent marital storm. I'll still try to contribute as much as possible, but any direct confrontation seems to cause pain. Just bear with me while I "bridge the gap". I just want to thank all the folks who have offered me so much hope and support. Just another proof that this is the greatest home away from home, and that every cloud does, eventually have a silver lining. You're a great bunch, a great family.

This is Your Captain speaking
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2002 - 06:41 PM UTC
Hi Jack,

Heads up and if you need we are here to help.

All the best for you.

ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2002 - 10:03 PM UTC
Jack be cool!
You always have a friend to support you and to hear you!
(You see it? Its me waving to you )
:-)
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2002 - 11:30 PM UTC
We're never very far away.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2002 - 11:50 PM UTC
Chin up there CJ - my thoughts and well wishes are always with you too!

Gunnie
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 525 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 12:14 AM UTC
Captain Jack: I know where you are coming from. Have been there before. And believe me You Will get thru it. Lot's of people care about you and feel your pain. BUT if I may I would like to offer this in a show of additional support. Isaiah 41:10 John 14:1 And Finally Romans 8 -35:39 I hope that this offering will be helpful.

Best Regards
Dagger-1
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 02:47 AM UTC
Thanks again Dagger, Thanks one and all. I'm not familiar(anymore ) with scripture, but if that is how I fell it must be the passage conceerning, yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death or something. I will look it up though can't hurt. Once again thanks everyone. I'll let you know if things eventually get better. I still have two beautiful children.

Jack
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 03:10 AM UTC
JACK:
I do not have it in front of me right now, BUT I believe that you will find it in the book of Psalms, For this book covers the time when David wandered the desert hiding from his enemies who were searching him to try and kill him. OKAY... try Psalms 23.

DAGGER-1
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 03:13 AM UTC
Thanks once again Dagger that about sums it up.

Jack
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 03:25 AM UTC
Jack:
Your very welcome: Remember when your enemies seek you out to hurt you or to harm you, Then it is in our Lord Jesus whom we MUST rely on for Peace, Strength ,& Guidernce.
All else waines in comparison. Not that we should only rely on him in our hour of distress, But in our daily lives as well.

Respectfully
Dennis
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 03:34 AM UTC
Others have said it, but faith in something bigger than yourself can help. If there is anything any of us can do, let us know. We're here for you.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 01:05 PM UTC
Hang in there Cap. Take one day at a time and think it through. You're Armorama family will be here for you
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 06:17 PM UTC
Thanks guys. Each day I'm alittle better, a little stronger, a little wiser. One day at a time...kinda like A/A

Jack
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 06:35 PM UTC
Hi Captain,

Glad to know you are getting better. Hope everything goes as you wish.

PS I noticed that you move to Kiribati
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 12:22 AM UTC
Hi Jack.....i seem to have missed all the swings and roundabouts,been away,sorry to hear
about your trouble and strife,if you are still going to Folkstone,we can have a drink and cry
over our beer,but don't cry into mine i hate it when it is watered down.Take care pal.
Arthur.

Then let us praythat come it may,
As come it may for a' that;
That Sense and Worth'o'r a' the earth,
May bear the gree,and a' that!
For a' that and a' that,
Its coming yet for a' that,
That Man to Man,the warld o'er,
Shall brothers be for a' that.

TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 01:21 AM UTC
Howdy Capt.....I've also been away from the site lately. I am sorry to hear of your concerns and problems. I am also traveling along that path with my wife. We have had a lot of things going on lately, not the least of which is that she might have the big 'C'.
I only know you from your posts here on the site. But I think I am a good judge of people and having said that, I can tell that you're a good man at heart. Women have a much better developed 'eyesight' for that sort of thing then men. She will see your strength's and your goodness, as soon as she parts the clouds of the immediate problems.

My very best wishes and thought's are with you.

Tread.

P.S. If you ever need someone to talk to about it...don't hesistate to give me a shout, O.K.?
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 03:36 AM UTC
:-) Hey there buddy. Been there..done the multi-cultural thing...I had a German wife for 11 years. It was tough to get through at first..but a little further down the line I found that God had a plan for me that I never could have dreamed of. And I'm sure that he has a plan for your life, too! For me it was a new wife and a new life and youth ministry(part time). I don't know what your situation is but I'll pray for you. With God ALL things are POSSIBLE!
BON CHANCE! VIEL GLUECK! GOOD LUCK.....Jeff
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 04:53 AM UTC
I know i might sound flippant and irrerevent sometimes,but in the short time this forum
has been on the go,i have got to to know some of you as friends,this site is something
special,as we can discuss things that are not strictly military in content,(thanks to Jim)
as they say a problem shared,is a problem halved, so T&J i wish you well.
Arthur.
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 05:59 PM UTC
Thanks Arthur. I'm treading water as they say, for the moment (still and deep type).

Sincerely,

I appreciate it and hope to be back (and happy again soon)
Jack
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 06:33 PM UTC
Thinks will change Capt Jack. As we wonder this wilderness we call a life,remember you can not take none of this stuff with you. As the song goes only dancing on this earth for a short while. Be good and take care. Been down this troubled road oh so many times.
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 07:46 PM UTC
Thanks, I honestly appreciate the help, kind words and concern, as well as the many offers of support and advice. Everyone has their problems in life, you've all helped me to buck up under the load, and I won't forget it. You need not look far to realise there are others in more dire, desperate circumstances that make our problems pale in comparisson. We have to learn to take the good with the bad, and learn lifes hard lessons. It is nice to know that freinds are always there to listen. It is what makes the site so special, you people so special. Like many of the strange unexpalined things in life we have been drawn together, is if by some cosmic magnet, from distant horizons to share a very special experience. Sharing, caring, helping. Sometimes those words help us to help ourselves. It is now time to get on with things and let life sort itself out oneway or another. Once again, thank you my friends.

Jack
 _GOTOTOP