_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tamiyas kommandant otto carius Tiger?
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 12:27 AM UTC
What makes this model so special.does it come with some extras or is it just the same as Tamiyas mid production Tiger.if anyone has built this kit please fill me in about it.cheers and many thanks
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 01:16 AM UTC
3 extra figures and individua tamiya tracklinks.
nfafan
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 01:21 AM UTC
It's their standard mid-prod tiger kit - but with the extra figure set representing Carrius.

Sadly for those that spent the extra bux on the original release of such a "special edition", Tamiya has since seen fit to release the figures seperately - making them "not so special"...
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 04:07 AM UTC
Just another way for Tamiya to generate more revenue with minimum work....kinda like their Ardennes King Tiger...of course I got it at a HObby Lobby half off sale, so I don't feel burned.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 05:03 AM UTC
it is Tiger I mid prod. with 3 figures.
photo of built kit
best regards
woodstock74
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,189 posts
Armorama: 692 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 07:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just another way for Tamiya to generate more revenue with minimum work....kinda like their Ardennes King Tiger...of course I got it at a HObby Lobby half off sale, so I don't feel burned.

Here here for that! Got mine the same way. Mine came with two BMW motorcycles though the box shows only one...
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 09:45 AM UTC
Yeah, the original cost about $52.00 and had a "special" booklet enclosed, along with the crew members. Now you can get the Mid-production Tiger and the Otto Carius figures, as seperate kits, for between 35-40 dollars. Tamiya seems to be buckling under the pressure from Dragon and Trumpeter. They still produce excellent models, just not as frequently as before.
They are producing an interesting line of 1/48 scale models. I have heard a rumor that they will be producing a 1/48 Tiger. I believe it was on the Perth Military Modelling, http://www.pertmilitarymodelling.com
website. If they continue like this it might be possible to build 1/48 dioramas again.
Bodeen
 _GOTOTOP