_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Italeri Jagdpanther
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 193 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 01:24 AM UTC
I am (crossing over to the dark side) trying German armor.LOL. My next kit is an Italeri Jagdpanther, and I have checked Missing Links and Panzer Tracks for a review, but couldn't find one. Anybody make an attempt at this kit. So far, I will probably only change the rear intake grills and barell, but thats all so far.
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 649 posts
Armorama: 379 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 02:08 AM UTC
Chief,
It's not a bad kit. And Italeri has covers to fill in under the fenders, unlike Tamiya.
It's a pretty easy build. I finished one earlierir this year. IIRC, this kit comes with link and length tracks which I did not use. I took a set from a Tamiya panther I had.
You can see a couple of pictures of mine at
http://groups.msn.com/armorama/pipesmokersalbum.msnw
Did not do too much, just replaced the tracks and added the PE screens to the engine deck.
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 02:52 AM UTC
Hi Chief,

I haven't find, at my references, anything about the ITALERI one but, at HyperScale you have two articles:

Maybe they can be of some help.
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 03:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Chief,
It's not a bad kit. And Italeri has covers to fill in under the fenders, unlike Tamiya.
It's a pretty easy build. I finished one earlierir this year. IIRC, this kit comes with link and length tracks which I did not use. I took a set from a Tamiya panther I had.
You can see a couple of pictures of mine at
http://groups.msn.com/armorama/pipesmokersalbum.msnw
Did not do too much, just replaced the tracks and added the PE screens to the engine deck.

Ron--are those the tow cables that came with the kit or did you build them? Those screens really enhance the model. I like the nice simple paint configuration.
Nice job.
DJ
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 04:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

are those the tow cables that came with the kit or did you build them

DJ,
No, they are twisted from the soft wire that comes with the Fruil track links. Put the ends of 3 strands in a vise, put the other ends in an electric screwdriver with an adjustable chuck. Turn it on and watch it work. The elec. screwdriver turns slow enough so you don't have to worry about the wire breaking.And this wire is dead soft, so you can bend it and it stays.
Cut it to length, glue the kit cable ends on and you are in business........
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 04:28 AM UTC
Blimey Pipesmoker,
I'm mightly impressed with your mini-collection of kits but the Clementines???????? Nice jagdpanther by the way!
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 04:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

but the Clementines

They are great little wooden crates for holding supplies, plastic caps, empty bottles, etc...
They stack just right on my shelves.
BTW, "Clementines" are little oranges. My neighbor used to buy them and gave the empty crates to me.
Bribo
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 205 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 10:51 AM UTC
Man, Pipesmoker, Your closet is better stocked than some of my local hobby shops! :-)
Bribo
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 09:21 PM UTC
Shoot, not as many as a couple guys in my local IPMS chapter. One guy has about 1000 kits in his garage.
There was a thread on the rec.models.scale newsgroup about how many kits in your stash. I believe some people do have more than most hobby shops....LOL
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 03:35 AM UTC
#:-) Heck Pipesmoker...when I grow up I want to be just like YOU! I thought I had a bunch of stuff! Nice JagdPanther....I tried to put an ambush scheme on my Tamiya Jagdpanther and ruined it! Jeff
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 03:40 AM UTC
Jeff,
Just get some 3 x 5 index cards, cut some random patterns, bend the card so it will loosely fit the contour, set your AB to a fine line and dont get too close or the AB will blow the template off. Or you can attach the template with loops of masking tape.
 _GOTOTOP