_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Campaigns
Group builds and online competetions. Join the fun!
Hosted by Darren Baker
"Show me the Guns" - Greek Diorama Finished.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 06:53 PM UTC
Hello there guys

I have just finished my diorama for the "Move it " that Mr Roo guided so kindly and succesfully ..

As i have done a previous "in progress" post and just to remind u the whole story, i am saying again the idea of the diorama.

Is a small dio and presents a scene that had happened in a small mountain Village in Greece, Korinthos region. The village name is Sarantapiho and it is my family;s hometown.

Is a small village on the mountain 1543 meters of altitude and 6 months is covered with snow .
on the WWII the Germans took pocession of the village, and some day they had information that the Greek resistance men, had burried a big load of gunnery that had stolen from the Germans in a location just outside the village. There the kids used to play and fool around. So the Germans took there and started questioning the boys if they knew anything on the gunnery that was supposed to be burried . The kids actually didnt knew anything , but played tricks to the Germans making them dig here and there for the gunnery . So the scene here represents the questioning part of the incident , where the German officer asks one of the village kids.
The other kid is just sitting behind and looking curiously . Another scene takes part as another German guy "chats" with a kitty. 2 more kids are playing no matter what;s happening around them and a bored German soldier just stares at them

Groundwork details and kid's figures details were shooted at part 1 of the dio so i havent reshooted these in order to shoot other elements of the dio to show u

Here at this link u can find part one of the dio, check it out so u have the complete picture .

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/39892&page=1

So all the new pics are here. Please be a bit patient till they all load , i have made them small enough not to load Armorama database a lot .

Your comments as always will be highly appreciated

jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 06:58 PM UTC
Bro, this is very great work here!!! It is a contest winner I am sure of. I have a feeling next time contest time rolls around you will win everything. Your work is amazing and getting better with everything you do. Bravo brother bravo. Kevin
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 07:00 PM UTC
What can one say to this other than WOW..Great Job. Looks awesome. Btw...is that a Panzer Kitty i see there..lol..
Mary (++)
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 08:12 PM UTC
Costas this is fantastic work. I have a couple of questions.

One/ what is the car kit please? This looks like an unusual kit and I really would like to know.

two/ looking at the pics it appears that the windscreen is brown all over with no marks showing the wiper movements etc. Is this just the photos or did you forget to mask it off when doing the weathering?

Once again fantastic mate, between you & We Will Hold (Steve Keegan) you are drawing me further and further into trying my hand at this type of thing one day.

Cheers
Cliff
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 08:23 PM UTC
Kevin and Mary thanks a lot .I am sure u can recognize this kitty !!!!!!

Thanks a lot Cliff.
First of all the staff car is a Tatra 57 Kubelwagen from Plus Models, kindly gifted to me from Sealhead (thanks a lot Jeff). A nice resin model.

Second the windscreen effect i have done many times in other vehicles appears to be a "clichee" so i thought that there was no rain to use the wipers its summer , so only dust grom the Greek dustroads on the mountains appears on that . It was left intentionally dirty and not wiped .

Thanks a lot for the nice Campaign !!
Costas
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 08:30 PM UTC
very nice Costas very nice..finally you showed us somewhere in your motherland. i liked it all but the german officer with case is my favorite.... and Kevins metal kitties are much better than other cats in plastic kits. congrats bro
caanbash
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,093 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 08:37 PM UTC
Costas, you're my man! The car, the tree, the road, those children, and all the natural look of the scene is incredible. Those portrait photos of 1/35 figures!!! Man they are great!

Congratulations...
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 08:43 PM UTC
Wow twi neighbour's answers in a moment !!
Thenks a lot Engin and Cagin. Diorama making is not only a hobby , i really believe that it extends till the meaning of art . So u have to be at least artistic. I am glad to see people liking my work. Inspires me to do more and better. Thanks a lot guys.
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Armorama: 1,339 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 09:08 PM UTC
Finished already. Boy you work fast Costas.

Wonderful dio. Love it.

Beautiful figures, beautiful car, beautiful groundwork.
I realy realy realy love that tree.

Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
KitMaker: 853 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 09:34 PM UTC
Wow! That's beautiful. It's a long shot from the normal "warlike" dios. Here, it looks so peaceful.

I love it.

Angela
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 09:37 PM UTC
Thanks Jesper and Angela.
Itry to make diversive dios some times to get war off my mind, Thats a mixed scene i hope well carried out.
Glad u liek that

Costas
IGI
Visit this Community
Thessaloniki, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 51 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 10:54 PM UTC
brother your dio is fantastic, as always. Nice and realistic scenery.Beautiful as Greek countryside.
By the way my vignette is almost ready. Some touches required and it will be finished ( finally ).
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 11:20 PM UTC
Thanks Brother , I hope that soon i ll be seeing samples of ur work also .

Costas
Aniol
Visit this Community
Poznaz, Poland
KitMaker: 205 posts
Armorama: 166 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 12:56 AM UTC
Wonderful diO Costas!
I like your figures, vechicle and groundwork. I like everything you build!
Congratulations.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 01:06 AM UTC
Excellent job Costas, well executed 'non-battle' story.
I'm just wondering about the guy interrogating the little boy, he's wearing a panzer suit. Bit odd maybe, as this would be a job for the army or intelligent's service. That aside you have done an outstanding job painting all these figures, those faces look as if the might blink their eyes any moment.

Cheers
Henk
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 427 posts
Armorama: 212 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 02:24 AM UTC
Outstanding Bro',

What was the Tatra like to build? Is the PlusModel stuff as good as I think it is?

Sealhead
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Armorama: 383 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 07:26 AM UTC
Costas,
Your dio is absolutely beautiful! I really like the figures and the vehicle...that tree looks really nice too!
I would love to know what type paints you used for the figures...
Awesome job!
Robster
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
KitMaker: 386 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 08:19 AM UTC
this is nice I'm sure you are the winner. I find it's word an A+.

Greetz Robster!
warthog
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,460 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 12:20 PM UTC
Hi Costas,

Very well done.... . The theme looks simple but very impressive in terms of detail. I hope to see more dioramas like this one.

Cheers
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 02:05 PM UTC
What a beautiful dio Bro. It is a very peaceful setting for a war time scene. I really like the way you have incorporated the military troops with the children and animals. The use of the blue flowers and shrubs instead of burnt debris and craters is a refreshing. Thanks for sharing Costas.
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 02:32 PM UTC
It is always nice to see non-combat dios for a change. You have done excellant on the ground work and well everything else also. Keep'em coming
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 04:08 PM UTC
Looks fantastic Costas...
Totally amazing....
And pretty darn good to boot.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 05:45 PM UTC
Dear all friends thanks for that positive feedback. To give some answers

Henk : u have made a point there about the officer. In war time some roles have to be switched. I mean if in the area that the incident happened was not an intelligent service officer available , but some other officer be sure that he knew how to do the job.!!!!

Jeff: To be honest , the Tatra gave me some hard time with some of the parts fittings. But i loved the shape of it so much , and its a unique model that everything else comes in second place.

11Charlie For all my figures i use Valejo paints, and for all other thingies like vehicles e.t.c. i use model Masters acrylics

To all guys about the scene. Some times i am really tired of totally war scenes or filled up with military stuff. Thats why once in a while i like to do some off military themes or mixed like this one. The next that comes the "Big Russian" is filled up to the neck with vehicles tanks and soldiers , so i had to do something refreshing before , so that i could do it with more appetite!!!!
I hope u all enjoeyed that one

Costas
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
Armorama: 913 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 06:24 PM UTC
Hi Costas..

Once again u've done an excellent job with this diorama. The real story behind it was an excellent subject.

Good work bro!
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 08:01 AM UTC
Hola Costas!

That is awesome work my friend! Great work all around!
 _GOTOTOP