Hosted by Darren Baker
MOVE IT entry two! Chevrolet Fuel Tanker
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 08:42 PM UTC
here is number two. A bulk 700 gallon (Imperial)fuel tanker of the HQ units of the Queensland Line of Communication area, Atherton Tablelands North Queensland Australia.

Once again Robert Bokker (Faust) did the artwork for the decals for me and I printed them at home. There was 5 of these tankers built by the army workshops in the area. 4 Fords and 1 Chev. So here is the chev.

Base kit was the Tamiya LRDG Chev 1/35 scale kit. Chassis was stretched and the cab and rear body were scratch/kitbashed using a variety of kit parts and brass/ evergreen plastic etc. Wheels are Tamiya GMC. I also added a Tamiya GMC motor as it was fairly close to the original Chev motor to look at.

As normal Comments and nit picking is welcomed!

NOTE- North Queensland is a rich red soil area so that is why the dust is red!
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 08:48 PM UTC
All that hard work definitely wasn't wasted Roo, a second beaut truck mate.
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,088 posts
Armorama: 1,257 posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 09:39 PM UTC
Cliff,
Another master piece on your part, I think the decals turned out great and so did your weathering.
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 11:06 PM UTC
Great Job Cliff, really great job!
keeo them coming mate coz we wanna keep looking!
cheers
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 12:59 AM UTC
excellent piece as always. it is so strange that recently my eyes always looking for AUS and NZ trucks to see in Armorama periodically.it seems i am highly infected with Truckorama and started to count down for a truck build.
very very nice my friend. congrats and Rob did a great job for decals too.
stay safe
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 01:36 AM UTC
W-ell done again my friend
O-utstanding scratch work
W-hat an Aussie Hound we have here at the Big A

Cliff, this is really superb. I expecially like the look of the nose on, and rear view pics. There is just something about the shape of the nose on this thing that makes it attractive. Your scratch work here is exemplary, very clean, a tight fit---what more is there to say.

Signed
Impressed jr

animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 05:35 AM UTC
WOW! I have a special place on my shelf for this one Cliff :-) Very nice, Very very nice indeed. The front grill work is some of your best so far. Is that a ground chain on the right rear? Again thanks for showing us.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 05:43 AM UTC
Once again, really nice.. What about Fuel bowsers in R..A.F./ R.A.A.F. service? Have these crossed your mind? I'm sure you would have great fun with all the plumbing... . You really are (apart from a pain in the butt sometimes ) a true inspiration for the rest of us.. keep them coming! ...Jim
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 07:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

WOW! I have a special place on my shelf for this one Cliff :-) Very nice, Very very nice indeed. The front grill work is some of your best so far. Is that a ground chain on the right rear? Again thanks for showing us.

yes it is a ground chain on the rear Dave. If I could guarantee delivery in one piece Dave I would fill that space for you as I believe with a modeler of your calibre this is the highest compliment one can make.

Quoted Text

Once again, really nice.. What about Fuel bowsers in R..A.F./ R.A.A.F. service? Have these crossed your mind? I'm sure you would have great fun with all the plumbing... . You really are (apart from a pain in the butt sometimes ) a true inspiration for the rest of us.. keep them coming! ...Jim

Yes Jim I keep looking at some of the RAAF stuff as they had some weird bodies on their trucks.

now as to being a pain in the butt "sometimes" I will have to work on that as I thought I was a pain ALL the time

Once again thanks for your comments and it is good to be back
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 08:31 AM UTC
Man o man,

Ya know, our 'Roo-tabaga' is a funny guy. I would like to say that "great minds think alike", but that would be putting me in the company of men that I admire, and a catagory I probably don't deserve....

I was desirious to build an ambulance, and what does 'Roo do?.......he builds a bloody ringer of an ambulance! (have you all seen it?... )
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/41292&page=1
excellent stuff...

I also wanted to build a Radio /Command bodied conversion using a dandy kit supplied by a randy little gent that runs a company out of the Australian 'Channel Country' called "Roo Resins" using a Testors fuel truck as the base kit. And what does this same gent do? Builds a tanker truck of course!,,,,,,BUT!, in his usual 'way' he doesn't just build a uuuuuuusual tanker does he?......nooooooo, he scratches / bashes / melds / and creates a unique one-off example of a fuel truck that is accurate down to the fuel spigots on the bloody thing!!!!!

{...let me take a breath......}

Nice work amigo.

yer mate,

Tread.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 09:06 AM UTC
Looks very good Cliff..... I like it...... :-) :-) :-)
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 04:50 AM UTC
You done pretty good again I'd say. I was just looking, and trying to figure how you done it, is that one of your resin GMC cabs you used for the cab?

I remember you saying you had some GMC Hardtop resin cabs around there, and when you first made them, did they have the hood attached to the roof, and you cut it off to make this model, to use their hood?

Kerry
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 07:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You done pretty good again I'd say. I was just looking, and trying to figure how you done it, is that one of your resin GMC cabs you used for the cab?

I remember you saying you had some GMC Hardtop resin cabs around there, and when you first made them, did they have the hood attached to the roof, and you cut it off to make this model, to use their hood?

Kerry

Kerry this was a model I started before I did the resin cabs. The windscreen roof and cab back are from the Italeri hard top cab water tanker kit. But the cowl was widened by 2 mm to suit the LRDG chev firewall.

There are a lot more BUILD photos of both this one and the CMP ambulance I did in my gallery in the album called models under construction.

I am glad you like it and thank you all for your comments
 _GOTOTOP