_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Sherman+Cromwell Progress pictures
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2004 - 10:21 PM UTC
Both kits are Tamiya.i love the Sherman kit ,it goes together so easy.now i have to do some black preshading then am ready to paint.cheers for looking Oh the grey colour on the Tanks is primer.
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2004 - 11:50 PM UTC
Two nice clean builds. I am always attracted to the Cromwell because it weathers and highlights so well due to the large bolts on the turret. The Sherman -- what can one say - - if you do not build Shermans are you truly a member of Armorama?
Well done
DJ
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 01:29 AM UTC
Ah, I've got to build a Sherman to truly belong? Oh well, could always build Skorzeny's captured one in the Bulge! Seriously though nice build and they look cool in grey, shows all the detail off to advantage! I take it this is the primer for acrylics?
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 01:31 AM UTC
Come to think of it the BARV Sherman @ Beltring was about that colour...
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,009 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 01:44 AM UTC
Nice work so far the on the Cromwell and the Shermie. Two of my all time favourites. Looks like you have a nice clean straighttforward build going on. I have one suggestion if its not too late. The pistol port ont he Shermie needs to faired in a bit with putty. The outer bulges are a shade to prominent. They blend into the sides of the turret just a bit more. This is in no way a reflection on your building skills mate, no kit is perfect and tis is just a small nit pick. Keep up the great work
Cheers,
Bryan
 _GOTOTOP