_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
FEATURE
  A Final Farewell
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2009 - 10:24 AM UTC
Very well done and thought provoking. History keeps repeating itself because we never remember and learn from it. I knew a man who had been in a concentration camp when I was little. I've wondered if I could pull something like this off someday. I hope it never happens again to anyone.
youngc
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 2,166 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2009 - 07:00 PM UTC
This was one of the first dioramas I remember seeing prior to joining the Kitmaker Net. You have re-created a very sad yet powerful scene, Keith.

I want to know where you found all those civilian figures!

Chas
newfish
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,329 posts
Armorama: 2,110 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2009 - 10:24 PM UTC
Kieth its looks stunning mate!

Holocuast memorial day has just gone.
If any of you have managed to see the IWM Holocaust museum you will see some stunnnig exhibitions. There is a scail model of auschwitz and its huge it really gives off the scale of how big it was and how many people were victims of the final solutions.

Also I had the great honur if meeting Freddie Knoller a holocaust survivour who survived Auschwitz

dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 03:15 AM UTC
Jim, Thanks for making this dio available again. It still knots my insides to see it and remember those who suffered from an evil of mans making. To deny the fact that it happened will dam us to repeat history, just look at the news. A very articulated piece well played out in 3-D. As diorama makers, we tell a story, whether it is a story we enjoy or not. It is impossible to seperate yourself from the events that took place as you referance and build a story as this. As the movie left a mark on Kieth, the events have marked us all. When I see something like this, it makes me more determind to never let it happen again nor loose the histoical facts to the age of time. Contoversy? The only controvery I see is from those who would deny the holocost, or those people who want to live in their comfortable cozy live's that could not be bothered. God bless every man, woman and child that passed from the horrors of evil and thank you to all who stood their ground to destroy it. this evilness.
 _GOTOTOP