_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Softskins
Softskins group discussions.
Hosted by Darren Baker
I went to Portugal and came back with trucks.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 01:35 AM UTC
As the proud of owner of several recently acquired trucks, I have some (hopefully) simple to answer questions...

Italeri's Dodge Ambulance Now I think there is a tweaks list for it somewhere, failing that some simple corrections...

Tamiya's 'Quad' Gun Tractor Yes, I finally got one (and gun and limber) at a totally ridiculously cheap price. Any pointers?... Thenks, Jim
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 02:07 AM UTC
Door Handles...... Door handles..... the Ambulance has no door handles...... most people do a nice job building it, and forget the door handles..........

Wondered where you disappeared to..... welcome home.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Armorama: 761 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 02:48 AM UTC
Hi Jim!

It's true - every now and then we can find that model here in the lost part of Europe

Glad you found them! Where did you go? Oporto?

Skipper
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 715 posts
Armorama: 297 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 02:50 AM UTC
Jim

Don't know if I got a couple of bad kits, but the fit of the 25 pdr is awful. The 2 that I have used up almost a full tube of putty to fill gaps, sink holes etc. The quads went together wonderfully with only a couple of areas of concern. If you want the doors open, there are holes on the inside of the doors that need filling, and the detail is somewhat lacking. Other than that, it a nice kit.

Dave
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 06:43 AM UTC
Tamiyas Quad has a number of inaccuracies so it depends on how much one wants a really correct model. Also it is more 1/32 scale then 1/35.

Other then that a nice kit to build and still a CMP cab 12 one of a kind.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 06:57 AM UTC
Here is a build article for the WC-54 Ambulance.

It looks like agreat model that can be even better with a little TLC.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 07:39 AM UTC
Gino (and the rest) thanks very much - that Dodge article was the one I was thinking of in fact...

Cliff, As I now have 4 (FOUR) Italeri Gun Tractors, I imagine one of them will be the towing vehicle. Trouble was the shop had only one Quad and 25 pounder kit (which was cheaper than the 25 punder on its own... (work out the logic of that on if you will )

Rui, yes indeed I was in Porto. However, a very curious anomaly came up - for some reason the Italeri stuff is more expensive than it is here (4 hours drive away) whereas the Tamiya is loads cheaper.... Weird, weird, weird....Jim
warhog
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 398 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 08:56 AM UTC
Congratuation's on your find!good luck building them!
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
Armorama: 416 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 10:35 AM UTC
Jim- My local HobLob has about 8 of those Quads in stock @ $21.00 USD. If you paid more than the equivalent of $10.50 USD, let's say 15.00 w/surface shipping, I'd be glad to pick up a couple more of them for you next 1/2 off sale. I didn't realize there was a shortage of them, as all local HS's in my area seem to be unable to unload theirs
With the weak dollar right now this probably won't be much to your advantage...or maybe it will...shouldv'e paid more attention in Business 2
 _GOTOTOP