Hosted by Darren Baker
Roo's last Move It entry
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 09:52 PM UTC
My final Move It campaign entry and a sneak preview of the finished Australian Chev Heavy Recon Wagon I have done a Step by Step build article on.

Any comments or nit picks are welcome

wheels are home made rims and useing a cut down 1/25 scale car tyre to the right size then casting them in resin.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 09:59 PM UTC
well.....what to say ...

1)Its the kind of wagon i d need to come over Aussie and visit u Cliff.!!!
2) I love the shape of it and the general lokk too much .So i could easily pay the postrate to send it over here for secure hosting !!!!
3)Your wheels look super
4) The convertion is not good, is not very good its perfect !!!!!!!
5) i like painting and finishing too much also.
6)What else to say ure the master of the kind Cliff.
I kneel in front of u !!!!!!!

p.s. I pm u my mail adress already , so that u can send this one over ok ? :-)
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 10:00 PM UTC
Cliff youve done it again.
i think this is possibly your best one yet.
the paint is beautiful, markings are excellent, stowage and tie down ropes are outstanding.
great job mate.
cheers
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,088 posts
Armorama: 1,257 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 10:02 PM UTC
what do I say?............Cliff that is awesome the camo looks so cool. I have been waiting ages to see this
Just one question though..............Don't you hillbillys have petrol stations? :-) :-)
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 10:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just one question though..............Don't you hillbillys have petrol stations? :-) :-)

In the outback NO! and no dunnys either LOL :-)

thanks for the comments guys I am accually pleased with this one myself for a change.
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 11:09 PM UTC
Cliff, lots to like about this one.

The scratch work is impressive. The curve work on the grill and hood (or bonnet as I believe you Aussie dudes call it ), the gas can racks ---- are the cans commercial or did you scratch those also? The work to create the fender shapes, especially the insert for the spare, your rims and tires, the drip edge over the side window glass, the headlight shapes--- all very intricate parts that are just excellent in their reproduction here. The paint and weathering really ties it all together (wouldn't want to have to see through that windshield though-

Possibly your best overall piece, or in other words, the best of the best.

Congrats

Steve
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 03:27 AM UTC
Looks great Cliff.....

Quoted Text

In the outback NO! and no dunnys either LOL

Now I'll have to ask my young Austrialian translator to translate that also...... :-) :-) :-) :-)
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Armorama: 761 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 03:34 AM UTC
Well... I think Mr.Roo reaaly fooled all of us - beacuse that is NO model (it can't be!!!!)

Now seriously: A real Gem and excellent masterwork!!
I have nothing to say, but.... (my jaw just dropped - sorry)

Congrats, Mate!!

Skipper (who only do watery things, but can see Gold when looks at it!!!)
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 03:35 AM UTC
Beautiful. If I had not seen the in-progress shots of your build I would believe that it was a plastic kit. This is your best project ever. The form and shape is right on. I love the tires. I wish that I could cast my tires like yours. I have learned a lot from you and it looks like I have a long way to go still. Thanks for sharing this with us.
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 05:36 AM UTC
Geez. Amazing. What number is this? Your coming close to DaveCox's record.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 06:22 AM UTC
Man, oh man, what a beauty. If this was mastered and sold I buy one like a shot.

Great stuff from the master of masters!
Hiram_Sedai
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 201 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 06:35 AM UTC
Good on ya, Mister Roo!!

Or, do you prefer "Master Roo" now?

I don't know what to say. Could I pay the airfare, fly you over here to tutor me?

Spuds
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 393 posts
Armorama: 287 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 07:09 AM UTC
Unlike the rest of us, Mr. Roo has no spares box, he just makes his own stuff. Cliff, another masterpiece. And they just keep coming. You better be glad I don't live in Australia or I'd be over at your place every day, dunny's or not. Besides, that's what they make entrenching tools for. :-) :-) :-) :-)
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 705 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 07:28 AM UTC
Cool!!! Awesome model MrRoo. I love the camo and stowage. Is there an interior in this one?
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 08:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

the gas can racks ---- are the cans commercial or did you scratch those also?

they are the ones supplied with Tamiyas LRDG kit (2 per kit) I have removed the molded on handles and added wire ones and also put a sheet of card on the base as they are hollow.

Quoted Text

Could I pay the airfare, fly you over here to tutor me?

the answer to this is definately yes yes YES!

Quoted Text

You better be glad I don't live in Australia or I'd be over at your place every day,

you would be welcome especially if you bought smoko every day

Quoted Text

Is there an interior in this one?

only a basic interior as this is one area I have no reference on. There is only one known surviver and I am having trouble locating it. The problem with these was they were wooden frames with steel sheeting over and Australia has lots of termites![quote]

thanks for the comments guys. I thought it was good but it is nice to hear it from my peers.
sas
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 256 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 08:20 AM UTC
Wow,I`m very impressed,that is quite the build Cliff, it
came together very well! You must tell me how you cut
your window openings. I look forward to your next project with antisipation.A lovely build!
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 08:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You must tell me how you cut
your window openings.

I marked them and then drilled a 1/4 inch hole as close to each corner as I could. Then I used a scriber & a steel rule and gently cut between the holes. After this I finished with a file and a sharp blade down to the line.

Quoted Text

I look forward to your next project with antisipation.

Russ due to a few problems in the background here at Armorama this is probably the last photos of my work I will post here at Armorama. There will also probably be a new host at Truckorama.

I will give this a lot of thought over the next few days but I do not think, at this stage, I will be remaining here at Armorama.

Regards and cheers to all
Cliff aka MrRoo
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 12:13 PM UTC

HOLD THE BLOODY PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just stopped by to comment on my mate 'Roo's unbelievable bit of modeling expertise, and what do I see!?!?!???
"....Russ due to a few problems in the background here at Armorama this is probably the last photos of my work I will post here at Armorama. There will also probably be a new host at Truckorama.

I will give this a lot of thought over the next few days but I do not think, at this stage, I will be remaining here at Armorama.
..."

What's THIS all about??

My dear 'Roo,

I am certainly not 'in-the-loop' on this, because it is a private matter of your own.....but you have got me more worried than I can say right now.............................................

Put simply.....Ya CAN'T leave Partner!! Not really sure what's going on here, but if it's a playground bully, you just point 'em out Cliff, and I'll do what I used to do in high school to bullies........physically 'enlightened' them, one..at..a..time.

Bottom line Dingo Bait....Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many people here count on you being around........so stop being silly. Kiss and make up, bop 'em on the head, or otherwise just ignore it, and get back to what you do BEST!.....scratching the most wonderful, unique, and enjoyable wee buggers of (mainly) Australian wheeled vehicles most of us have seen.
On top of that, quite a few of us here have still not pushed our chairs back from your workbench......there is still stuff we all need to learn.

Now, stop thinking like that, and start thinking about all of US! ..........don't make me get out the Kleenex!!!

Tread.
GI_Babycakes
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 451 posts
Armorama: 254 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 04:16 PM UTC
mr. roo, your work is brilliant. it makes me sad to think that something might have happened that would make you so shaken, that you would leave a group that respects and looks up to you as much as your brothers and sisters at armorama do. i havent been here long, but i see you as a kind and helpful man with an amazing talent.

i sincerely hope that this matter can be resolved swiftly so we can all get back to happy building.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 04:19 PM UTC
Cliff,
Tread said it best. If there is a way you can stay, we want you to stay. Maybe some of us can help, and we will.
On the other hand, you need to do what is right for you.
And we will support you in that.
Take care.
Chuck
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 05:49 PM UTC
Cliff,First I have to agree that Tread said it best. You and I havent talked and I havent posted a lot on things that have to do with trucks, but I have always loved looking at your creations and reading your articles. I am just getting ready to start converting an opel blitz into a radio truck and it just wouldnt be the same not to have you around for guidance with this sorta project. I hope things can be worked out. I know I speak for many many others when I say this is your home and always will be. Best to you mate, Kevin
P.S. That is one wicked truck you have there too
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 11:20 PM UTC
Cliff, that shocked me to see what you have written, I sure hope it isn't so. You have many friends here, that think the world of you.

I hope this is something that can be straightened out.
My computer has been down for a couple days, that I wasn't able to get on line, then I come back to this shocker.

Oh I better mention something about your wagon, I see you mastered the paint now, you was always were saying that painting was your weak point, it sure don't look weak to me, it's top notch, up there with the rest of the build.
Always keep in touch
Kerry
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 01:23 AM UTC
great work as always.congrats Cliff. i would like to build this kit as OOB ..i wish maunfacturers hear me
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 03:23 AM UTC
I discovered this totally by chance on M-L....Is this the same vehicle type?...Jim

Captured Chevy
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 07:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I discovered this totally by chance on M-L....Is this the same vehicle type?...Jim

Captured Chevy

Yes it is a FORD 1941 woody station wagon. A civilian model adapted to military use by the Canadians, Aussies and British. Main changes were different sized wheels and tyres and of course paint color.

Lovely picture Jim Thank you
 _GOTOTOP