_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Back on the net
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 10:34 AM UTC
I arrived at Ft. Knox Sunday night and I've been busy with the in processing procedures and getting four children enrolled in school. I finally had some time to get on line and start checking my e-mail and the various online forums.

I'm going to be busier than I was at Ft. Devens. I'll be working in the Ft. Knox DPTM (G3 shop) as the plans and training officer. It'll be a while before I settle into housing and get to participate in the forums regularly.
phoenix-1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 629 posts
Armorama: 340 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 10:38 AM UTC
Glad to hear you're becoming acclimated Rob. How is Ft. Knox? Better than you expected, worse, or just about average? Hope all goes well in your new surroundings.
Kyle
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 10:43 AM UTC
If you happen to see any gold bars laying around send them across the pond for me, as i'm sure i dropped some somewhere :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 10:43 AM UTC
Welcome Home Robin....
Glad to hear the move went well, for you and the family.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 10:51 AM UTC
Rob,
Good luck on the rest of the move. I hope you enjoy the scenery there in Kentucky. Is there really "blue" grass there?? Lol just kidding I have been through it many times.

Hmmm....there was some show or vendor or something in Ft. Knox I was going to tell you about. Now I forgot. Does that ring any bells with anyone else?

Cheers,
Jim
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 11:25 AM UTC
good to hear that you arrived safely with your family Rob. Take your time and come back as soon as you can mate.
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 535 posts
Armorama: 161 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 11:39 AM UTC
Welcome to Kentucky Rob, enjoy your stay.

Dave
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 12:03 PM UTC
Hey Sabot, good to here your move went well, by the way i have a nephew there,E-4 type. Maybe when you settle in you could throw a curve or two at him :-) :-) :-)
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 12:15 PM UTC
Glad you made the move safely, Rob.

I don't think you had the best weather to do it in.

Wow, working in the DPTM, you'll know when all the cool training events are scheduled, as well as where all the neat stuff is hidden in the training areas. I also envy your access to the Patton Museum.

I hope to make a roadtrip out to Knox this summer. If I do, it'll be my first time there since Basic back in '77 ...
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,009 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 01:38 PM UTC
Welcome back Rob...Aint moving fun...yippppeee
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 03:24 PM UTC
Good to hear you are settling in Rob. Moving is a nightmare in my books! Hope there was no incedences when moving models et all, either!

Quoted Text

Aint moving fun...yippppeee

Moving and Yippppeeee are not often found in the same sentence! Canadian Humour?? :-) :-) :-)
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 03:53 PM UTC
I'm not in quarters yet. I dumped the oldest two kids off on my mother-in-law about 40 minutes away. I've got the younger four in the old Gold Vault Inn and I've got to drive them to school every day. Not fun, be better when we are in quarters and the bus comes to the house.

The hotel here has a wireless LAN so I was able to just pop up with the wireless network card in my laptop. Real handy.

All the models are still in storage with the rest of my stuff. I did come down with several 1/72 scale kits, but so far have not had much time to sit let alone find a spot to build.

Thanks for the welcome. This is my third posting at Ft. Knox, so I am familiar with the area. They've changed the gates a little due to the post 9-11 world and some things have been moved around post, but it is just like coming home again.

Yes, as the G3 for the installation, I found out we do most of the conferences on post like the Armor Conference, AUSA conference, etc. Most likely have a big part in the well-known 4th of July celebrations that occur on post with the museum.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 04:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

All the models are still in storage with the rest of my stuff. I did come down with several 1/72 scale kits, but so far have not had much time to sit let alone find a spot to build.

I think if you take some 1:72 models as 'hand luggage' during a house move, the bug has bitten deeeeep.
" I don't think there is any hope for this patient, nurse.."
Can just picture the scene, new quarters and lawn full of boxes, furniture etc., childeren argueing, wife trying to get the removal man to take the bed upstairs and you sitting in the kitchen, glueing away.. :-) :-)

Good luck
Henk
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 03:04 AM UTC
Glad you and your family made it safely there Rob How was the trip down there?
 _GOTOTOP