_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
M1A1 3ID
Blacksmith
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 05:52 PM UTC

[img]https://armorama.kitmaker.net/photos/showphoto.php?photo=58612 [img]https://armorama.kitmaker.net/photos/showphoto.php?photo=58611&password=&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page= [img]https://armorama.kitmaker.net/photos/showphoto.php?photo=58610&password=&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page= [img]https://armorama.kitmaker.net/photos/showphoto.php?photo=58609&password=&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=

This is my Tamiya M1A1 with a Trumpeter mine plow, Tamiya P.E., Eduard P.E. CIP IFF, Eduard P.E. for dragon M1, Accesories from Verlinden & Legends, AFV tracks and scratch built extended bustle rack, and other small scached stuff.
Blacksmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 05:53 PM UTC
Help, why didn't my photos show up?
Blacksmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 05:56 PM UTC
MG]

here they are I think
Blacksmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 05:59 PM UTC

O.K. and the other two. So what do you think? First time I've scratch built anything and first time using an airbrush.
Blacksmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 06:00 PM UTC
Thanks grumpy, think I figuered it out.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 06:06 PM UTC
No problem, I deleted mine then...LOL
It's really simple once you get the hang of it.
Well for a first airbrush job, I'm impressed, the bustle exrension looks good. I know very little about this tank, only built one, But overall, looks like a nice build.
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 489 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 06:10 PM UTC
That is a lot of added detail. Looks pretty good too. You might want to do a little extra weathering that will vary the hues of the green on all the different items you added. I hope they don't hit too large of a bump at speed or they are going to lose some of that unsecure gear. The extended bustle looks great. You definately made the detail of the track come out nicely. I also really like the subtle weathering to the vehicle itself. Very nice job. The depth to your grill work is excellent. Good job!
MMcLean
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 348 posts
Armorama: 258 posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 12:04 PM UTC
Blacksmith- looks good, only nit pic i have is that its too clean. It doesnt have any dust on it. The Abrams or any other vehicle in the desert during OIF is gonna get dusty and real quick. If you add a good coat of dust it will look even better.

HTH

Matt
Blacksmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 02:28 PM UTC
It'll get a nice dusting once it gets put into a diorama which I haven't even started yet. I'm half way through the M88A1 and Humvee that will also be included in the dio. Just waiting on the palm trees I've order and maybe than I'll start on the ground work. Thanks for all the replies and hope to get some more.
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,303 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 11:23 AM UTC
Nice job, Balcksmith. I am impressed with the scratchbuild on the jerry can racks and bustle rack. One minor point on the bustle rack. It has the same diamond mesh that you depicted in the jerry can racks. Also, there are two small grab handles (one each side)on the ends of the extended bustle rack. This allowed the crews to use cargo straps to tie down the gear piled in the bustle rack. Basically, you could add the grab handles and use one long strap going over the gear and tied to both grab handles.

Bob
SgtStriker
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 29 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 11:56 AM UTC
Our Tanks still loaded up like that out in the field? It looks really cool but all the tanks 've seen from OIF dont have alot of extras. This isnt a critique, i'm just curious.
SgtStriker
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 29 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 11:58 AM UTC
Our Tanks still loaded up like that out in the field? It looks really cool but all the tanks 've seen from OIF dont have alot of extras. This isnt a critique, i'm just curious.
Blacksmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 02:17 PM UTC
Hey Burik, thanks for the pointer on the bustle rack. The jerry can racks weren't scrached they belong to verlinden's M113 OIF accessory set.
Blacksmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 02:30 PM UTC
SgtStriker, If you see pics from 3ID when the first convoyed from Kuwait to Baghdad you'll see that most all vehicles looked like they belonged on a episode of Sanford and son. Because of the speed they needed to get in to Baghdad all of there gear had to come along for the ride. But even here at Fort Irwin we also do this when we go out on field problems or on our "COB" (civilean on the battlefield) missions.
 _GOTOTOP