_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Accurate Armour
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 350 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 04:44 AM UTC
Has anyone tackled AA's K117 Foden 6 x 6 recovery vehicle? I have a few other AA kits but this is a big investment and I was wondering what other people's experience with this particular kit was.
House
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 04:52 PM UTC
I just finished the Foden, a three month project. It is a beautiful kit! I got two bad moldings and Accurate Armour replaced them pronto. Some things are tricky(like fitting all the glass) But I was more than pleased with the kit. I will post a few pictures this weekend and you can judge for yourself.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Armorama: 1,209 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2005 - 08:25 PM UTC
If you are going to buy one let me know I'll get some close up's for yoou theres one in my Sqn I can get access to
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,594 posts
Armorama: 973 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 04:57 AM UTC
Jeffrey,
Worth evey penny----have built 16 over the past 3-4 years as presentation pieces for guys leaving the army(recovery mechs) or on posting . I have one in my"gallery" with a 20 ton Tasker trailer in tow. Needs a bit of pre knowledge if you have never seen the beastie ---some room for super detail. Scratch built 3 before kit came out -but had access to vehcles1:1. Have made most of AA's recovery-a few still in box to do-(cant show pics--my gallery not there-- )
Aye ,
barv
House
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2005 - 02:47 PM UTC
Hey Jeffrey

I have that Foden posted at Track-link and Accurate Armour if you want to see it up close and personal, Ther are some different pics at both sites.

Regards

Mike
 _GOTOTOP