_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Volunteers for SCAHMS, IPMS Nats BigA table?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 08:01 PM UTC
If you haven't seen Robert's suggestion about a floating show table "kit" then please check that out here.

I want to ask for help with 2 upcoming shows in particular to guage whether or not we have the needed support for doing a SIG table to promote the site and have a photo capture area to get good photos of the entrants.

The first is a potential table at the SCAHMS figure/afv/diorama show in Orange County, CA. This event is 2 days on March 11th and 12th. I would need only 1 or 2 volunteers for this and only for 4-6 hrs on either day. This is not a "huge" show but it is a quality show. If you are a figure maker or even an armor/diorama maker you would probably like this show. Vendors are limited so if you go expect more of a model display/contest vs a big sell-a-thon.

The second is IPMS Nats in Atlanta. I was about a hair away from ordering a table for last years show but the level of volunteers for the west coast was not high. And for an IPMS show we HAVE TO BE THERE EVERY DAY. That show was for 4 days. As it turned out I was laid off and had to scrap the whole idea. This years show in Atlanta would be a serious trek for me. The Atlanta show is in July for 4 days (20th-23rd). If I recall the rules require you to setup on the prior day so this means that we would effectively need to have at least one person there on the 19th. As with last year there is really no feasible way for me to drive there spend 5-6 days in Atlanta (with wife and child) and then turn around an drive back (yes flying is out). That would be like 14 days potentially. I can commit to spending 2-3 full days at the show but this would mean that other responsible members would need to be there when I was not. So for this kind of show we would really need like 5-10 guys/gals to volunteer. Is Armorama ready for that I wonder?

If the support is there we will do this kind of stuff. If not we won't. It's kind of that simple.

Thanks and please post your ideas or potential support. It would be nice to see who is even thinking about going to these events as well.

Thanks,
Jim
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
Armorama: 416 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 02:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The Atlanta show is in August for 4 days (20th-23rd).

Jim, I just re-checked the IPMS site, & I believe you meant July 20-23rd...

Anyway, You know I'm onboard
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 396 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 02:32 AM UTC
I would love to help out in ATL, but am the Facilities Coordinator and am sure I'll be running at full speed for that show.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 02:42 AM UTC
Well Jim, if I had known this, I would of done it for the show here in San Antonio next month. I think Feb 19th is to late notice. I know there are several Texans here that venture to the shows here.
I will be willing to volunteer for the two Dallas/Ft. Worth shows coming up usually in May and August. The only problem I would have is if the shows fall on my Military Drill weekend.

I am not going to garuntee it, but I might be able to help out at the Atlanta show. My little boy lives in Georgia with his mom and I will have him this summer. Anyways, the plan was to take him back home on the 10th of July. If afordable, I might be able to delay taking him home till the show time and be able to stay a couple of extra days.
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,580 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 03:15 AM UTC
Hi Jim,
I'm going to be at the nationals in Atlanta. Traveling down on the 20th but I'd be willing to volunteer some time for the SIG table later in the week. This will be my first IPMS national show so I'll be spending a lot of time running around like a kid in a candy store .
If you're interested, let me know.

Craig
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 06:07 AM UTC
Guys,
Thanks for your potential support on this. So we have 2 commited and 1 possible.

Anyone else? Sometimes I get the feeling people don't read the Site Talk forum enough.

Or maybe it's that all the newer users don't use the Latest Posts page?

Cheers,
Jim
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 06:17 AM UTC
Jim,
Put me down as a possible for the OC show. I may be ablle to do it. I'll let you know as it nears.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 07:23 AM UTC
Gino,
Great thanks. If you go we can officially meet this time instead of me seeing you accepting awards at a distance (TamiyaCon). Lol

Jim
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,318 posts
Armorama: 837 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 08:17 AM UTC
I'm going to go to Atlanta. I'll be glad to help if I can.

Patrick
Puma112
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 322 posts
Armorama: 183 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 01:40 PM UTC
Jim,

I am planning on going, but I too am between jobs. If I get to go, count me in. I will know a lot more as we all will, when time grows a little closer. I live 30 minutes from the Ga/FL line, so distance is not an issue for me. I would say count me as highly possible.

Tracy
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 01:46 PM UTC
Jim:

I'll be in Atlanta & available for a slot.

When I'm not receiving awards for all the stuff that would have won if I had ever finished it .... :-) :-) :-)

John
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 06:51 PM UTC
If I can afford Atlanta this year, I'll be there with bells on, and my court jester hat..... Being old and senile, I will surely need a place to plop.... so if I'm there will be happy to be of service.
 _GOTOTOP