Hosted by Darren Baker
skybow questions on the truck sale
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 06:36 AM UTC
1.Has anybody from the US bought any yet?
2. Would you know what exchange rate they use, is it against the British pound, or is it against the Euro, cause the exchange rate I used comes up with 2 way different figures between the 2. Like the Beep it is $15.94 against the British pound, but $ 11.11 against the Euro, so I'll need to know that?
3. Does that price they say for export include shipping on land. or none at all?
4. Are all these 1/35 scale ?
5. Does anybody know if that sky 3502 the tracks for the M109 fits the Italeri kit # 246, and are they worth the investment?
6. The last 2 on the sale are misc. like the sky FS01 0.50 cal m2 + m 31mount MG mounts also the sky FS02 M40A1 106 MM Rec Rifle with high detail and are they also in 1/35 and worth the investment

7. The Jeeps also how do they stand up scale and detail wise, Boy I'm just full of them today, aren't I
But if anybody could help me with one or all I would appreciate it, and if things work out, I'll see if I can't do some buying next month.
Kerry
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 06:49 AM UTC
Kerry, I can't answer all your questions, but I can answer some...

The U.K. only uses the Pound Sterling, so this is how your order will be calculated... The first price is the price for overseas customers - i.e.TAX is deducted (an immediate saving of 15%). They would I imagine use Airmail. Mail them and find out...

All are in 1/35th scale yes...

The quality of Skybow was sublime... No need to worry on that respect.

At those prices how can you go wrong?...Jim
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 06:52 AM UTC
Kerry I can answer some of your questions.

All the skybow items are 1/35 scale.

They are all highly accurate and very well detailed.

as to 'worth' the investment well you really have to judge that for yourself.

sorry can't help with the exchange rates or postage/freight.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 07:11 AM UTC
Any time I ordered from AA... it was against the Pound....
Postage was for Air Mail, which has always arrived in 7 to 10 days, with no damage.
Skybow kits are/were excellent..... with outstanding fit, and details.
Can't help with the track question....
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 07:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

5. Does anybody know if that sky 3502 the tracks for the M109 fits the Italeri kit # 246, and are they worth the investment?

Yes, these tracks are designed for Italeri M109 models. And they are very worth the investment IMO.

Pawel
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 07:54 AM UTC
I know air is quite expensive, but by ship it shouldn't cost that much, I figured it all up, and it comes to 112.61 for everything to buy, but airfreight would triple that, I'm sure. But just how bad would the ship, plus land fare on a volume deal, that's the million dollar question, to see whether it will kill it or not.

Thank You everybody for the help, I mailed them asking them for the price of shipping across the pond by boat, and land, if that was possible, so we'll see.
Kerry
 _GOTOTOP