_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Age2 Update
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2005 - 03:49 AM UTC
Just wondering hows all the entrants are doing in the AGE 2 Campaign.
MMcLean
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 348 posts
Armorama: 258 posts
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2005 - 06:49 AM UTC
Dave-
My entry , the DML 1/72 LCM 3 is all painted but awaiting weathering ( Rust and stuff) It'll get a base too, then some cargo after the campaign is over.

Matt

USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2005 - 07:29 AM UTC
Tamiya 1/35 M1046 (actually M1036) TOW HMMWV. What I like about this kit is that it can be whatever you want it to be. If you want a simple OOB kit, you will have a full interior HMMWV with many details. If you want to go further, there are many options available too to sup it up and lots of room for improvement. The only downsides I see are no engine, no external gear (for such a modern kit, a lack of external gear is astonishing), and (me nitpicking) no option for a backup machine gun to be mounted. Other than that, it is a solid kit with no fit problems worthy of mentioning.

Since these pictures were taken, I added the top, completed the TOW launcher and the turret ring, added head lights, weathered wheels, and started some basic weathering prior to adding the decals.

I had an accident on the left side mirror mount that skewed the wire frame. It is attached precariously to the point that if it fell off, putting it back on would be very hard and would leave the frame very unstable and prone to breaking.

So, with the permission of Pvt. Parts, when I get a chance to go back home from school, I am going to add a piece of styrene to support it. I am not quite sure if I am going to add a second piece on the right mirror or not for continuity and strengthening as well.

Jeff
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,088 posts
Armorama: 1,257 posts
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2005 - 08:04 AM UTC
My fig is just about done..........but I may do another to see what I like best
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2005 - 08:12 AM UTC
My 1/35 Tamiya "Ardennes Front" King Tiger is done with it's base coat of paint, now awaiting camo and weathering. It will go on "back burner" temporarily until I get my "Tank Terror" entry done, but should complete with no problems.

Blade48mrd
GI_Babycakes
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 451 posts
Armorama: 254 posts
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2005 - 11:39 AM UTC
most of my sherman is on tree and painted with base coat, but i did the bogey rims last night.
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,876 posts
Armorama: 1,120 posts
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2005 - 02:07 PM UTC
Glad to see movement all..!
 _GOTOTOP