Hosted by Darren Baker
M9A1 Half Track
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 11:59 PM UTC
I was looking at this place to buy scale drawings, and they say they got some for a M9A1 Half Track, so I'm real interested in Half tracks to, so I wanted to see what it looked like, so I tried to do a search on it, and came up blank.

I would type in M9A1 and nothing at all, so is there such a thing, or did this place mess up on their numbers, Cause I have never heard of this one before that is why I wanted to see it.
Kerry
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 12:07 AM UTC
INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER MODEL M-5 (M5A1) and M-9 (M9A1)

Departing from the standardization of production by White Autocar and Diamond T, were these two models from the sole vendor of Intentional Harvester. Essentially they represent a substantially different item altogether. The armor was thicker and of a one piece design. Another significant difference was the power plant. In the International Harvester model the engine was of the overhead valve design while the standardized American models utilized the 'flathead' engine. The front and read differential were both of the Banjo type and manufactured by International Harvester. The vast preponderance of these vehicles were given to allied forces with a few remaining the the United States as training units. In all, IHC produced 2026 model M-9, and 1407 model M9A1.

http://www.texasmuseum.org/HALFTRACK.html
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 04:52 AM UTC
Thank You Dave for the information
Kerry
 _GOTOTOP