Softskins group discussions.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Almost done
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 05:31 AM UTC
I am just about done with the tractor. I will not be applying the decals until after I finish the trailer. I may repaint the tractor in a camo effect depending on the type of trailer that it hauls. Here is a direct link to the photo gallery if you are interested. https://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/13233/1742Almost_done_0013.JPG
Slug
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 705 posts
Armorama: 505 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 07:29 AM UTC
All that scratch building really paid off, Dave, Your tractor looks great, I like the non-skid material, and the trailer hitchy thing . Can't wait to see this pulling its load down the road.

Bruce
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 07:30 AM UTC
Thanks Bruce. I am starting on the trailer now.
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 11:17 PM UTC
Dave you done a spectacular job, but I got to mention them air hoses are on the hefty size, when I look at that second picture. The rubber ones are just a little bigger then the plastic ones, but not that much bigger. I thought you had it wrote down some where what size solder you used for each, so you wouldn't forget.
Anybody else needing to know the plastic coiled lines are 1/2" on th OD and the electric cable is 5/8" OD on the pigtail to hook up to your trailer, I also believe you can buy a larger set of plastic making them the same size as the electric cable, I'm not absolute positive, but it seems as though I remember hearing this somewhere. Then I believe the rubber hoses are around the same size as the electric line, I don't have one to measure for positive, but I think I remember it being pretty close. I used to always have rubber hoses, but when I went out to check and measure them, I'll be darned ,I don't remember when I changed back to plastic.

Oh I know, what it was, the DOT out in California, I used to put sleeves over to where the rubber lines would touch the deck, but they would cut them off. They claimed to see if it was damaged, I told them how could it be, well they wanted me to have plastic, and they would never leave me alone until I changed, so I finally changed to plastic to stop the harassment.

Cause it was costing me a fortune in them plastic ties they would cut off, that I had to replace everytime I went into a scale.

Now the plastic, and the electric, I am positive, cause I went out and measured the ones on my truck.
Kerry
 _GOTOTOP