Hosted by Darren Baker
Need Opel Blitz walkaround
Slug
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 705 posts
Armorama: 505 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 06:48 PM UTC
Anyone have or know of a Opel Blitz walkaround or even some decent photos, I'm having real trouble finding reference material. Checking the internet, its like these things never existed, except for a few poor photos. Where have all the Blitzes gone?

Bruce

(hum blitzes isn't that a skinny pancake? )
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 08:20 PM UTC
here in Aussie we call CMP trucks "blitz's' LOL :-)

I know there is a lack of decent pics of these. I do have some in my archives but still not a lot of good ones. The ones we have vertually none of are of the engine compartment with the hood up.

If I find any I will let you know

cheers
Cliff
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 08:33 PM UTC
If you go too https://armorama.kitmaker.net/photos/showgallery.php?cat=13462&si=&page=1&sort=8&perpage=10&password=&ppuser=&stype=0
in my archives and then page 10 & 11. Most of the opel blitz pics are there but there are odd ones throughout the 15 pages of German stuff in this album.

cheers
Cliff
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 09:14 PM UTC
That is the truth, a lot of people have been looking for any pictures with the hoods up, on these German trucks, of just about any kind, and there is none to be found for free.

I've searched endlessly, only to find the computer is full of other people just like us, looking for any information on these trucks with the hood up.

To when I seen their post have been there a lot longer then mine, I figured there wasn't much chance. Even Mr. Roo, has asked the ones here at Armorama over in that part of the world, to see if they could get some pictures, but still no luck.
Slug
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 705 posts
Armorama: 505 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2005 - 07:23 AM UTC
Thanks guys for the effort, Cliff theres a couple of pics there that I havn't seen , thank you.
I guess these vehicles weren't as "sexy" as tanks, to the photographers of WWII, I figure we're lucky to have what we have.
The good part is no one can call me wrong, when I create with a little artistic license.
BTW , Cliff that is a cool truck on page 5, I think its called a "Berna"

Thanks again
Bruce
 _GOTOTOP