_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
A Reminder And Appeal From The News Section..
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2005 - 05:32 AM UTC
Trying to ruffle as few feathers as possible can I make a request for people to stop posting new items in the forums? Now it's not another of my maniatic outbursts it's simply a question of good site administration. Let me explain why. Unless it's a thread of earth-shattering importance and interest, it will disappear into the archives within a day or so (perhaps less, depending on site traffic). So if you have found the news that the whole world is waiting on tenterhooks for, PLEASE post it into the News Section.

For those of you who aren't sure how it works, go to the News Section and you'll see a Submit news button. Press it and complete the relevant fields. One of the elves will come round and edit in in a remarkably short space of time...

We are always on the look-out for News Stories. All Registered Site Users can submititems which they feel could be of interest to the site... Remember, it's YOUR site what do you want to see in News?...Thanks, Jim
Slug
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 705 posts
Armorama: 505 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2005 - 11:49 AM UTC
Hi Jim:
Maybe what we need in each forum is a "mixed bag" thread, where some quick comments/posts/questions can be made, it can carry on to the next point and so on, (as some of these threads already do), thereby reducing the number of new posts. I noticed that the more popular forums can cycle through quite a number of threads quickly, I'm surprised what I've missed when I go through old threads, especially on the weekends. This may fix the problem.

Bruce
 _GOTOTOP