_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Figure Section Staff Changes
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2005 - 02:02 PM UTC
This post is a bit late in coming... my apologies.

Well this is a first. For the first time in the history of the site we will have more than 1 editor in the Figures section! Please welcome John (john17) and Costas (Major_Goose) to the editing team. As many of you know Costas has been helping out as a Content Scout lately and I think it's a bit ironic that he is following the footsteps of his friend Engin (UOM now Editor).

John will be a great addition to the staff as well and has already written some excellent reviews. As an admirer of his figures for 2 years now I am happy to see him joining the growing Figure section of Armorama.

Special thanks to Nate for recruiting his new team and leading the charge as Managing Editor of that section! As the new Managing Editor Nate is the go-to guy for all things relating to figures on the site. I am looking forward to seeing what he and his new team can do this year.

Keep up the good work all! And while I am writing I would like to put out another big thank you blast to all those who have joined or re-subscribed to the A-Guard recently. That in conjunction with the new advertising zones and pricing should hopefully re-fill our coffers and allow the site to fund some special projects like attending some of the bigger modeling shows (US IPMS Nats for one).

Cheers,
Jim
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2005 - 02:17 PM UTC
Congrats on this new assignment guys!!!! and even brother Engin too when did this happen hmmmmm And Glad to be new A gaurd member so thanks for the wonderful site Jim. Cheers Kevin
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2005 - 06:17 PM UTC
Sorry...missed making that announcement! Engin was made an Editor for the Turkish community. Which is really growing fast I must say. He is also doing an outstanding job with the translations for the Turkish site. You guys did know we have a Turkish site right.

Cheers,
Jim
john17
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 920 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2005 - 07:20 PM UTC
Well Jim, let me first say thank you for that warm welcome and introduction. I really appreciate it.

When asked to help out with the figure forum, I didn't have to think about it one minute. It was an easy decision. I've enjoyed this site for quite some time and can't begin to count the benefits I've received just from getting to know all of you. The least I can do is give back a fraction of what I've received.

With Nate & Costas guiding me along as a team, I know we'll be coming up with some really exciting and fun ideas to further energize an already outstanding forum.

Again thank you, and may all your paint strokes be good ones.

John
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2005 - 09:41 PM UTC
Very good promotions. Congrats and good luck to my friends Costas and John for the new position. I am sure Figure Forum will rock in 2005.
...and welcome to all new A-guards
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2005 - 10:55 PM UTC
What to say ? thanks a lot on the promotion. I am devoted to the bettering of the site as u all know i have done my small efforts and will do bigger than these in the future . Wanna also welcome John in the team and under our Nate's wings i bet we can do great things for Figures and the site . Dark side is expanding !!!!!!
Also congrats to Engin for great work in Turkish site and the newbies in A guard. May we all be safe and happy

Costas
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2005 - 11:01 PM UTC
Congrats both! Hey, maybe this figure stuff is something for me too :-)
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 12:19 AM UTC
This is great news---all these folks are extremely talented, and helpful around here. Congrats--- we all win with this annoucement.

Steve
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,580 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 03:13 AM UTC
Congratulations to Nate, John and Costas.
With a triple threat like this one, there'll be no stoping the figure forum from taking over the site now :-) :-) :-).
Good luck guys,
Craig
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,305 posts
Armorama: 591 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 03:38 AM UTC
Ciao everyone,
With these promotions, the site just gets better. We are all fortunate that we have such wonderful talent working here. Congratulations and cheers!
Ciao for now
Rob
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 04:17 AM UTC
Congratulations to Nate, John and Costas, and Engin.
Keep up the good work....
 _GOTOTOP