Hosted by Darren Baker
Boarded House "Finished"
Morbshock
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2005 - 03:59 PM UTC
[quote]I finished this boarded house in approx. 3 and 1/2 weeks. I built it 100% from scratch. The road,sidewalk and roof are all individually cut out. This is my 1st attempt making a road and sidewalk. (The soldiers are for display only). It's close to 1:32 scale as possible.
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,305 posts
Armorama: 591 posts
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2005 - 04:53 PM UTC
Ciao Morbshock,
Excellent work. The building, the street, the accessories, everything is great. The only thing would be the telephone/power pole. I guess it is supposed to be broken, but it really doesn't look it. Maybe if you splinter it a little. Other than that minute detail, the entire thing is really a masterpiece of work. Congratulations!!
Ciao for now
Rob
wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2005 - 08:42 PM UTC
It's a nice work Morbshock! Congrats! All it needs is just a little bit dirt, which can be easily done by simply wash and then a little bit chalk work. Also It would be nice to give the wooden parts different shades of color.
Florre
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 980 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 04:01 AM UTC
Really very nice indeed. The road and sidewalk don't look like a first attempt at all, so realistically done!! I especially like the different colours you used for the stones, just like in real life - very convincing! The roof is incredible!

The walls look perfect (as they have a layer of plaster/chalk), but the stones used in the building could be smoother. They have the same texture as the plaster walls, and that's not really convincing, they should have more or less the texture of the stones in the street.

Another picky critic : the house doesn't connect to the sideway very well I think. It's like the house is put on top of the sidewalk. Maybe you could try to fill up the little gap with something, I haven't got an idea immediately.

Don't get me wrong, if I could build a house like that I'd be extremely happy! Congrats!
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 04:30 AM UTC
Well i always say exactly as i feel about someones work (and i expect the same ofc)

You have a wonderfull idea there and did a marvelous job on the house but i think you have few major mistakes there.

Firts of all the pole, it hit the house and broke on 2 halfs (almost) . And still there is almost no damage to the roof of the house? a hit from a falling pole would definitely do some major damage on the roof tiles at least, that would couse exrta more junk on the ground.

secondly you have some sort of a "bush" or grass in the bottom of the pole, i dont think thats likely to be in the middle of a street. or at least if would be small grass.

Third, you have 5 large windows on the house, and still not a single (visible on pics at least) piece of the glass on the street.

Theese are all fixable things. You did a wonderfull job on some major details but the story need a bit of improvement.,

cheers and no hard feelings
Mirko
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 336 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 06:03 AM UTC
Great Job like the idea and you have put some great work into it ,perhaps a little more dirt and debris great dio.
Cheers Chris
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 06:09 AM UTC
Wow that looks amazing. Very good job!

Martin
Slug
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 705 posts
Armorama: 505 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 07:40 AM UTC
Very nice Morbshock: I like your dio. Your building is great, roof tiles turned out well. A couple of things here could really add to this dio (MHO). I do agree with the pole thing, a pole coming over on to a building would do some damage, one way to help this would have the wires still taunt, so the wires could be holding the pole up, and slow it down when hitting the building.
The other thing is the 2 figures nearest the building need to be glued(attached) to the ground, the one leaning needs both both feet flat on the ground ( he look unatural, with his feet off the ground) the one thats moving needs his right foot flat on the ground, ( sense of motion will come out)

BTW a small hole in the bottom of the feet and in base, then using a pin is an easy way to attached your figure.

Very small points on an otherwise nice dio

Regards
Bruce
Name_1s_MUD
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 226 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 08:56 AM UTC
Excellent first attempt! I'm in the process of doing my first one as well. It won't be as nice as yours! I agree with all the constructive criticism that people have provided.
 _GOTOTOP