Hosted by Darren Baker
Roo's prime mover finished
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 11:25 PM UTC
well here are the finished pics of the 1941 Ford (Aust)prime mover. All that is needed is to 'dust' it once I have finished the trailer and load.

any comments welcome.

the bonnet (hood) is just sitting in place so it can be taken off to show the fully detailed engine bay and motor.

Lots more pics of the whole project
http://armorama.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=13896&si=&page=1&sort=8&perpage=10&password=&ppuser=1363&stype=0

scale is 1/35 and it is 99% scratch build except for a few small items.

PS> the shine on some parts is the lighting and camera flash as the pics were taken late at night
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 01:41 AM UTC
I wish there was an emoticon for a gaping mouth. I almost thought it was a metal model! The rust, the sag of the canvas, the dirty window, I seiously would think I could jump in that thing and attempt to start it up! Are you planning to add something for it to tow?

Jeff
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 02:16 AM UTC
Howdy Cliff,

I agree with Jeff on this, I really think we need to press Big Jim to indeed add a smiley with it's mouth agape.....

As I've already said to you my dear 'Roo, watching you do your 'scratching' is like being in a candy store for me. I look your photos over very carefully, trying to figure out how you did this piece, or that section, and then my own mental gears start to turn.....

Superb work. In the second pic I swear I can hear the engine runnin! I am still astonished how you get those compound curves so well, and so symetrical.
Are these the tyre's you cut down from a 1/24th scale kit? And, does the drivers side get a mirror as well?

Tread.

BTW, thx for the scratching lesson again Cliff, one of these days I'm going to have to start paying you for all these lessons yer givin'......
PiotrS
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 174 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 03:00 AM UTC
My english is too bad to express what I think Stunning work!

Piotr
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Armorama: 761 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 03:19 AM UTC
Hi Cliff

It's not the first time that this old submarine modeler jumps in, to look at your trucks!
And this looks just as good as usual - I really had to take a good looking at the pics and figure that you don't have a HUGE TAMIYA CEMENT BOTTLE next to your real Truck!!!

It looks so natural - but, with all due respect, I think that the canvas texture on the bonnet is a little overscale...

Congratulations, Mate!!

Gordon: the driver HAS the rear view mirror

Skipper
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 03:25 AM UTC

"...Gordon: the driver HAS the rear view mirror ...."

By crackey you're right!......oops,

Tread.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 05:52 AM UTC
If we're going for a new emoticon specially for when we look at Cliff's trucks can we have a 'green for jealousy' face?
I can scratch conversions on kit chassis etc, but to make all those curves and detail parts - WOW.

Great work Cliff, just keep on trucking mate!
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 07:36 AM UTC
Great example Brother Roo. This old truck has seen a lot of hauling. You did another bang up job on the tractor. I can't wait to see it with the completed trailer all loaded up for yet another trip! You already have my addi and I have a spot all picked out on the shelf. :-)
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 07:59 AM UTC
thank you folk. I myself am happy with this one myself and other people who have seen this model in real life have asked where I got the diecast truck from. It will look awesome with the trailer and load on once they are finished even if I do say so myself.

The only change I may have to make is to the trailer load. It was to be a hugh load of empty 44 gal drums but I may have to change to another smaller 3 ton truck load due to supply problems.

The 3 tonner will be another scratchbuilt CMP I have about 70% finished. The semis hauled the smaller trucks as a backload if there was nothing else to backload to save petrol and wear and tear.

cheers
Cliff
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 09:45 AM UTC
Looks good Cliff.... But then again I already told you.... :-) :-) :-)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 09:53 AM UTC

"....You already have my addi and I have a spot all picked out on the shelf. ....."

What a bloody minute here!!!!!!........If I don't already have 'dibs' on this wonderful creation of Cliff's.....I'll 'duke' ya for it!.......
orrrrrrrr, how about 'Rock, Paper, Scissor's?, or 'My mutha?'........ahhhh, ....I know!.....let's do 'One potata', two potata'?.........whatcha think Dave?........

Tread.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 10:13 AM UTC
LOL! you guys will have to put something else in those gaps on your model shelves because if I give this one away my boss (read she who must be obeyed) would kill me! :-)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 10:29 AM UTC

DANG!!!!!......I just knew if we fought about it neither animal of I would get the bloody thing!........sheeeeeeesh!.........well, I guess I must bow to your SWMBO Cliff.
It's my duty as a Gentleman.

Tread.

BUT!...........if there's ever a need to 'clear the shelves' any day soon at your place.......just give me a call.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 10:47 AM UTC
Tread if I cannot get a local museum to take them I will let you all know who is going to get what out of my models as I can think of no better bunch of people I would rather give them too then those of my friends here on Armorama
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 11:08 AM UTC
I cannot think of a better place for your creations than a Museum my friend. Having had an (early) lifetime experience with museum's, I am quite confident your miniatures would be considered 'primo' pieces by whomever would be lucky enough to be the recipient of them. And since you build subject matter mostly aimed at your own country of Australia, I would think they'd be lucky indeed to be on the recieving end of the deal.....

My apologies for indulging the 'greedy' side of my personality but when it comes to having a 'wee' piece of a pals modeling efforts that I so admire, I am indeed guilty of suspect behaviour in the 'Nth degree'.......

Tread.

Heck.....don't mind me.....I've already had a long day........
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 03:11 PM UTC
'Roo:
Another great job, even without the coffee tins air scoops ....
John
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,088 posts
Armorama: 1,257 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 04:15 PM UTC
Another wonderful effort from you Cliff, I can't wait to see it with the tralier
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 05:27 PM UTC
Well Cliff, you have done it again. This looks really great..Can't wait to see how it looks once you have added the final dusting...Excellent Job..
Mary (++)
Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 06:29 PM UTC
Simply stunning, and the attention to detail is wonderful.

Great work Another wonderful Roo Production
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 12:51 AM UTC
Another good one Cliff, I sure like to learn how to do them hoods, or bonnets, the way you do them, the only question I have is, I know you live down under, is that where you put your fifth wheel, down under your trailer, instead of on your tractor.

I've heard of this being done before, where they reversed them, but I have never actually seen one in real life, just heard about them.

Kerry
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 01:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

"...Gordon: the driver HAS the rear view mirror ...."

By crackey you're right!......oops,

Tread.

It took me a while to figure that out. I noticed the mirror; it literally stood out at me. Then I notice the driving wheel on the right side. But what really disturbs me is that it still took me a second longer to register the location of the driving wheel and the mirror, all the while still. looking for a mirror on the left side.

Jeff
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 08:08 AM UTC
Kerry we did use the 'fifth' wheels until late in the war. This was a permanent hook up on these rigs. It is only showing the pin on the back as the model was too big to be left as one piece so I simlified the fitting a bit. The rest of it is under the trailer.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 08:50 AM UTC
Any chance of seeing some more shots of the trailer? I am like a kid on xmas eve waiting to see this beauty finished.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 09:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Any chance of seeing some more shots of the trailer? I am like a kid on xmas eve waiting to see this beauty finished.

soon hopefully my friend soon
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 10:17 AM UTC
Well well

This is mighty impressive Cliff

I can`t say much about the accuracy of the built but knowing you and your work before I don`t doubt this aspect. What I have to say is that I really like the paintjob on the vehicle. How the primer comes through the OD and such also the weathering like rust Dust and baremetal are very well done with a couple of extra points for the Dirt in the dooropenings.

Again a great truck Cliff

_GOTOTOP