_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
2 Months without Armorama...
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
Armorama: 416 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 05:19 PM UTC
Sucks. No, really.
It's like being far from Family ( and yes, as a member of the US armed services, I've had that experience far too many times.), with no way to make your voice heard.
long story short, I had a Trojan shut down my work computer(only 'net access i had), then IT went back to trace the worm & found my internet usage (lots of hits on the big A), so I got my pee-pee spanked & my 'net usage restricted. I've been able to 'Ghost' the forums by logging on to a Library computer, bt it won't allow me to sign in or post in Forums. Right now I'm on my Brother-in Law's PC, so I get a chance to duck in & say Hi. Of course I'll never have the time in the next 2 days to greet everyone I'd like to, butI'll try!
I guess all i can say right now is I'll miss garry, & I hope Grumpy gets back real soon. Also thanks to all who inquired after my absence- you are why i posted this in Community Forums. This IS my community, & even if I'm not always free to participate, I'm always happy to share!

Oh, & if there's anyone out there to whom I promised something before I disappeared, please let me know-here, via PM, or email, so I can square my accounts. I never got to thank Garry for his kindness, & i'm not going to let that happen again.

Folks, it's good to be back- for however short a time it be.

Namaste,
RobH(LogansDad)
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 08:55 PM UTC
Rob, glad to see you back around even if only in a limited capacity. Sorry to hear of your computer problems, i know how frustrating that can be. I mean, i go away for the weekend and im in withdrawals.lol..Anyway, glad your doing ok..and hope that so you will be able to work it out to be back online with us in full swing.
Once again..great to hear from you..Hope to see ya back posting away as soon as you can.
Mary (++)
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 10:53 PM UTC
Good to see you back around, I hope you can get something worked out to allow you regular visits. It is always good to see you around! I had been wondering where you disappeared to. Consider a Mac mini for a home computer? They are cheap and would be happy to help? Damn those IT people anyway! I've had my problems too, but now the head one is one of my best buddies....HEhehe.
kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 678 posts
Armorama: 448 posts
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2005 - 03:35 AM UTC
Glad to see you back Robert. Hope your absences won't be nearly so long in the future.

Keith
CRS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2005 - 04:50 AM UTC
I moved this post from "Big A in the USA" at Robert's request, so more than US members could know he was back with us.

It's great to see him back.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
Armorama: 903 posts
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2005 - 08:17 AM UTC
Hi Rob

It's great to see you back - even if it is on a very limited basis! Hopefully, you'll soon be able to spend more time here without getting into trouble at work...

All the best

Rowan
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2005 - 08:41 AM UTC
Glad to see you back Rob. I've been there, working off a library computer, and done that so I have a little taste of what you've been through. I've had two weeks of no internet access at home, though I have always had it at work. I can't imagine two whole months without my Armorama fix. Maybe you'll get a big raise, since you're not "wasting" your time on Armorama. Then you can afford a new computer.

lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 02:55 AM UTC
Good to have ya back Rob.
wondered where you were for a while until someone told me :-)
Hope to see you around now.
Cheers
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 03:33 AM UTC
I certainly hope you still have the same office decoration.... :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 08:13 AM UTC
Hey welcome back.
SgtWilhite
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 470 posts
Armorama: 362 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 04:26 AM UTC
Welcome back. I know how hard it is to not get my fix of Armorama every day. Hope everything works out well for you.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 06:34 PM UTC
welcome back Rob. so good to hear from you again
 _GOTOTOP