_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Armorama 500 campain update
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Armorama: 1,512 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 12:52 PM UTC
Well I havn't heard much from those who are in the Armorama 500 group build and thought i'd just post an update on my project and see if I could start a update post..

This is a Nascar which I'm making a custom paint scheme for and decals for.. basic is gloss yellow fading into gloss red at the back. and gloss red wheels.. assorted nascar decals along with the custom ones..

as you can see I have the first coats of yellow on the body.. I've never sprayed a gloss color through the airbrush before and i'm quite happy how it came out.. there are a few minor specs and imperfections so i'll be giving it a light sanding in about a week and another final coat or 2... the body is a light grey and came out ok and the gloss black on the windshields came out if not perfect then acceptable..

mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 02:43 PM UTC
Hey Delbert looks great so far, rollcage looks tight and the yellow looks mirror. Your idea sounds pretty cool. As for me I started, but set it down to finish up a few other projects.

Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 04:24 PM UTC
Mine is still in the box. I'll get the green flag soon though. Got a few other loose ends to tie up first. "Q"
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Armorama: 1,339 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 06:05 PM UTC
I haven't started yet. I just have to finish my Ba-3 for the Seeing red campaing, then i'll start building.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2005 - 04:25 AM UTC
I got my 2004 #01 Army/Time Person of the Year decals in the mail today. This is made to fit the Revell 2003-04 Monte Carlo and is the special scheme when Time magazine selected the American Soldier as the Man of the Year. The hood has a decal of the magazine cover. It looks pretty cool.

I got them from JWTBM for $12. This will be my first try with aftermarket NASCAR decals. I have other Army NASCAR decals sets, #7 Desert Storm and #01 Grand Prix.

Hopefully I won't mess up an all black paint scheme.
SgtWilhite
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 470 posts
Armorama: 362 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2005 - 04:54 AM UTC
I've started working on my entry. It's going to be a 1969 Ford Torino driven by Richard Petty. No pics yet. I'll hopefully be finished shortly and I'll post some pics then.
Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,500 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 08:59 AM UTC
I'll be starting mine tonight while watching the Phoenix race tonight. The real world has kept me from building for the last three weeks. Plastic flies when the green flag drops!

Oh yeah, I changed over to building the defending Cup champ's Sharpie car instead of Mark Martin's old Valvoline one.

Dave S.
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 06:28 PM UTC
Hey Sabot, where did you get the aftermarket military NASCAR decals at? I was looking tonight to see if anything like that was available.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 07:42 PM UTC
Hey Brent, Slixx Decals had many of the Nascar Decals...but they no longer make them. Looking around the net for you and was able to find theses on ebay, not a bad price. Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16510&item=5971154800&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Sabot
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 01:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Sabot, where did you get the aftermarket military NASCAR decals at? I was looking tonight to see if anything like that was available.

Page 2 of the JWTBM webpage has his listing of decals, Navy, Army Grand Prix, Army Monte Carlo. It is called Just Want to Build Models. You can contact the owner at [email protected] that's where I got the 2004 Army/Time Monte Carlo Joe Nemechek decals from.

The old Alan Kulwicki #7 Desert Storm T-bird decals are from JNJ, but may be out of production now. They are dated 1991.

The Army Grand Prix decals are by Slixx for the 2003 Jerry Nadeau car.

EDIT: the auction link that Mother provides above is the exact set I just bought from the manufacturer, JWTBM. He does the Grand Prix and a supplement to adjust that set to the 2004 Monte Carlo.
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 02:37 AM UTC
Thanks Sabot and Mother for your assistance.

Maybe I was smoking something last night but I don't remember seeing that information in your original post sabot. I looked at it just now and it clearly stated where you got the decals from.

Sorry about that.

I might give this campaign a try after all. All of those decals on a the cars are intimidating though.
Sabot
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 03:11 AM UTC
I didn't edit my original post from when I made it on Friday. I did add the website I ordered from in today's post. The guy takes paypal and I asked which car would be best for the decals, etc.

All his decals are geared towards the Revell Monte Carlo. I paid an extra $10 and he sent me the right car along with the decals.
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 07:59 PM UTC
I know this thread is a lil old now, but ive just begun my entry.
Jeff Burton's #99 Ford Taurus "Exide".
I will take pic's tommorow, i just finished the engine about 5 minutes ago.
How are the rest of you going.
Cheers
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 07:53 AM UTC
I singed up today... look for a CTS (Craftsman Truck Series) Hotwheels Dodge sometime this summer!
Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,500 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 01:44 PM UTC
I got most of the plastic cleaned up, the engine block and any other bits that go together and need seem cleaning done while watching Busch will at Phoenix. The chome plated sprue is sitting in Castrol Super clean being stripped as of tonight though. Unfortunately, just like Kurt's last two races, the real world has got in the way and kept any progress to a minimum.

Dave S.
 _GOTOTOP