Hosted by Darren Baker
Zvezda ZIS-5 wheels
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 705 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2005 - 10:46 AM UTC
I was building my ZIS -42 and decided to buy some AM wheels for it. So, I have bought the Armo and Hussar sets and would like to write reviews for them (or maybe a comparison review if allowed by the website) but I have a slight problem. I do not have the Zvezda wheels and I am not sure if the Hussar set is a new set of wheels or just resin copies of the rubber tires.

Here is my question: could anybody who owns the Zvezda kit take a few pictures of the tire, I don't need the rim, just the rubber tire - I need a close shot of the side wall and of the tread pattern. Also, an approximate width of the tire would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2005 - 01:57 PM UTC
Took pictures
sent to your listed email.
Paul
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 03:39 AM UTC
Thanks a lot Dave!! You really helped me out. Those really do look like Fort tires, somehow I thought the Zvezda/Italeri ones were different.

Ok, now that I have the shots I will write those reviews, although I don't know if I can do it right away, what with alll the campaigns and my upcoming SAT
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 04:11 AM UTC
I believe the Zvezda is a repop of the Fort kit, If I recall correctly, one of the reviewers wrote to not to get too excited, as it still had the dreadful tires and extrememly stiff tracks from the Fort kit.

But as always I could be wrong, :-) :-) :-)
Paul
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 04:25 AM UTC
No, the kits are different and I believe that the Zvezda came before Fort because Zvezda is a rebox of Italeri . The Zvezda/Italeri is said to be a better kit and it does have better detail and an engine! The tires are strikingly similar though.

In the future I plan to kitbash the Zvezda kit with the Fort/EE refueler - should be a fun build!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 05:24 AM UTC
OK thanks for the update.
 _GOTOTOP