Hosted by Darren Baker
Need Product Reviewers 1:35 Scale Products
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 04:30 AM UTC
We have several new products ready to be released, and I'd like to find 3-4 people willing to do a product review for each of them. Since this is a business proposition (as opposed to just giving away free stuff!) I have a few stipulations for those that will qualify:

1) You must be willing to accept the piece(s) you are given - I can't let everyone pick and choose!

2) All products are in either Resin or Dental Plaster (far harder than standard plaster), so you must have the tools required to work with these materials.

3) You must be willing to post a product review here on armorama within 30 days... or you'll be cut off from a nice supply for life... sorry - been burned a few times already by folks who agree to do a review, but never actually post it on the site.

4) You must provide us with an electronic copy of your review prior to submitting for publishing... while we don't mind criticism when it is due, we don't want poorly written or partial reviews... we might suggest areas to edit or explain more fully.

5) You must live in the Continental US (nothing against non-US modelers, but the postage is higher, and shipping often takes weeks before reciept.)

6) Because we want experienced modelers to do the work, we restrict the offer to those who are equivilent to an armorama ranking of at least 500 (five hundred) Posts on this site.

7) You must have a digital camera - and know how to use it!

If you meet ALL the criteria, and are willing to do some needed work for our company, send an email response ([email protected]), along with a few photos of a work that you are proud of... we will contact you via email if you are selected.

Be sure to include your mailing address, and any preference for the types of diorama products you prefer (urban, accessories, buildings, etc.).

All products are full retail kits, and will be shipped free of charge, including postage.

Thanks!
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 04:36 AM UTC
If you get stuck Keith, (as if!) I'll pay the postage! :-)

Vinnie
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Armorama: 761 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 04:48 AM UTC
I would, if I could!!

If you get stuck (as if) I'll second Vinnie's idea!
And if there were any Maritime Related items (piers and so on) I am a Volunteer

Yes I know... far too difficult (and also lot's of IF's)

Skipper
Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 528 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 05:39 AM UTC
I would love to do it for you, I sent you an email.

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 05:58 AM UTC
Count me in, PM sent.
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 07:36 AM UTC
Keith, I'm glad to lend a hand email sent. Cheers Kevin
docdios
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,998 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 08:15 AM UTC
Come on guys

this is a real chance in a lifetime, I only wish i lived in the USA to be able to apply

There are not many companys who would offer there products out for review to anybody and everybody, with the simple rules laid out.

How many times have you read reviews by some in magazines, brought the bits and then realised the review must have been blind!!! Keith is ask for some real feed back on there products, by real users

regards

keith forsyth

kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 678 posts
Armorama: 448 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 08:42 AM UTC
I'm interested, but alas, have not made 500 posts. Sent an email anyway.

Keith
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 08:49 AM UTC
Keith, i would love to help however i can. Email has been sent..
Mary
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,447 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 09:06 AM UTC
Id love to do this for you, I might not be very old. But I am very responsible. Please let me do this for you!
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 10:17 PM UTC
Well just some thoughts from a European guy .

I would be willing to review any products since i am a 25 + years dioramist and also writting for modelling mags (could also print reviews there for free)

Post time between USA and Greece has never beena problem since it makes no more than 7 days usually and i do that every week with many Armorama members. The shipping rates are not that high if u actually doi it , but i would be willing to contribute some way (other than only writting u a really good review !!)The issue is not to have the item get to the reviewer fast , but to have him do the review fast but in a slow and right way.

To prove u this, i could guarantee to release the review in no more than 10 days , reducing the time u allow the US guys to 1/3 of it . And of course i have all the tools and experience to back up the review and also other stuff to fill in a scene and show it nicely when build.

The above is not only my personal view but also other Europeans view i think .

So maybe the US only restriction could be lifted up in the way i propose. And in my 37 years i wouldnt guarantee anything if i am not sure i can accomplish ...

just some thoughts...

Kind regards

Costas
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 10:38 PM UTC
AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!.............no camera.
Have one on request for Fathers day Maybe next time Keith.
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 737 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 10:39 AM UTC
If you decide to lower your standards-500 posts-I'd be more than happy to contribute. I have the camera and tools.
Asmenoth
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 274 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 05:11 PM UTC
I too, would love to do this. I have the tools, camera and 20+ years of building models. Just don't have the posts...oh well mabye next time.

:-)
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,318 posts
Armorama: 837 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 12:59 PM UTC
Email sent. I'd love to help out Keith.

Patrick
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 769 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 01:12 PM UTC
I would love to do it, but I also don't have 500 posts. Won several IPMS 1st places and a 3rd at the 2002 Nats though.

Jesse
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 04:46 PM UTC
Email in bound Keith. "Q"
Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,002 posts
Armorama: 720 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 07:17 PM UTC
Well, I would like to be one, only I don't have that many posts! Could you consider my application?
Cheers and happy modelling!
Prato
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 07:31 PM UTC
Just a couple of thoughts on this... When Keith posted this, he wanted experienced reviewers as well as experienced diorama builders. Now there are a a fair few experienced and good reviewers amongst those who have responded. There are also a number, who if i'm correct, haven't written any reviews at all...

This has been mentioned before on other threads, but i'll re-iterate it once again,

We're always needing reviews (in every area) on the site...

In other words, not being accepted to review a particular product, doesn't mean you can't contribute or review. If you're nervous about it, don't worry, start by looking at the style of reviews here and then think about how you can best contribute. There are lots of products out there which desperately need reviews.

If you have doubts or ideas, contact one of the staff members - we're delighted to help and offer suggestions...Jim
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 11:13 PM UTC
Common guys, here's your chance to prove yourselves and get some free stuff!

Personally though, I have to question the 500 post thing... one can easily tally up 500 posts just be replying to every comment made to your original post... also there are alot of great modellers out there that have only just signed on, or those (like SAS) who are the occasional poster but great diorama builders...
Also my feeling is there should be a minimum age limit, this way it automatically instills a certain level of maturity in the reviews and reviewers...

My 2 cents worth... use it... don't use it...

RR
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 2,220 posts
Armorama: 1,707 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 11:38 PM UTC
Tarok, I think you miss red the post, here is what he said about the 500 posts;

Quoted Text

Because we want experienced modelers to do the work, we restrict the offer to those who are equivilent to an armorama ranking of at least 500 (five hundred) Posts on this site.

The important word being equivilent

:)
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2005 - 12:24 AM UTC
Reviewing products is not a chance to prove yourself.
To get the privilege of review kits (free stuff) you should already be proven and have a track record.

Food for thought - "There is no such thing as a free lunch."

Keith has his reasons and needs to 'measure' people he sends out products to. He's going to be out raw material, product, and shipping and handling. Equivalency is mentioned also.

as Jim mentioned - do a review of what you have on your workbench right now. Nothing stopping anyone from doing that.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2005 - 12:34 AM UTC
Fair enough lads...

Perhaps I misinterpretted the 500 posts equivalency thing

No harm no foul...
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2005 - 03:27 AM UTC

Keith sorry to put this here its not what you started this thread for but I believe Scott is 100% accurate. I havent done any reviews either, I may be somewhat capable doing diorama work, but I still have never taken the time to do a review. Well Tankysgal1 is in the midst of doing about 5 reviews on some 1/48th stuff and this has convinced me to jump on the band wagon... Maybe a Heki review. There has been a lot of interest in it as of late. Cheers Kevin
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2005 - 04:16 AM UTC
Kevin,
IMHO you of all people are one of the MOST qualified people to do a review of diorama products!!!
Rudi
 _GOTOTOP