Armor/AFV: 48th Scale
1/48 scale discussion group hosted by Rob Gronovius
Hosted by Darren Baker
Propaganda Kompany of France
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 01:39 AM UTC
Has anyone here ordered from this company before? They got some interesting detail sets for accurizing some 1/48 scale armor kits and I'd like to place an order. The reason I'm asking is because it looks like they may make a lot of the resin items to order and I am curious about the turn around time between ordering and production/shipping.
http://propaganda.kompany.free.fr/
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 02:26 AM UTC
Rob, the pictures on the site show some extremely rough castings. Someone commented yesterday or so on the brittleness of the resin and the images confirm a lot of the weapons are not stright and true. The figures look like refugees from the Planet of the Apes. The 1/48 "conversions" appear to have a lot of fit problems.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 03:11 AM UTC
Thanks Al, I recall talking to Chris from AMPSCT last year about the update set to the BTR. Not favorable, but I was wondering if anyone else had similar or different experiences. I want to research them a little more before I toss my money their way.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 03:20 AM UTC
He's got a few intersting 1/35 scale motorcycle kits, but personally the prices are a little too steep for my blood. Somehow I really can't justify nearly 50 bucks plus shipping for a 1/35 scale Indian..... no matter how much I want it.
28juni14
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 65 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 05:21 AM UTC
The gentleman doing PK is a modeler like the rest of us. He noted with the demise of Bandai a product vacum for quarterscale modelers. Actually, his offerings are not bad. (Just check out the spoke detail of his 1/48 bikes.) I personally do not like working with resin, but it's the affordable medium for cottage industries. His Japanese scout car is a little gem. He currently is selling quite a few items on eBay.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 01:16 PM UTC
I don't know about the other PK sets, but totally avoid the 1/35 Modern U.S. SF/SEAL weapons. I ordered two sets and the resin for both was so brittle, the guns just snapped in my hands.

Vodnik (Pawel) reviewed the PK S.F. GMW here I believe. You may want to see what he says about their resin and casting.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 07:39 PM UTC
The other day, I began preparing a news/feature story on Propaganda Company, when I saw a post on M-L. Sadly, due to some personal upheavals, the company are more or less suspending 'operations' for the moment....Jim
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 07:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Vodnik (Pawel) reviewed the PK S.F. GMW here I believe. You may want to see what he says about their resin and casting.

No, actually I didn't review it. I've never seen any of PK sets "in the flesh".

Pawel
 _GOTOTOP