_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya Marder III
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 11:22 AM UTC
Here's my latest project. It's the excellent Tamiya Marder III
I added ModelKasten tracks and the Warriors Photoetch set ( I REALLY liked working with the copper).

I'll post more pictures of the model as it progresses.
Later,
Tim

Bombshell
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 293 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 12:04 PM UTC
Dude, that looks too cool! I love to see those kits at the raw :-), and you certainly did a stupend job.

How you plan on finishing it?

Cheers,

CDT Reimund Manneck
U.S. Army ROTC
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 12:43 PM UTC
Bombshell,
Thanks for the kind words about the model.

I plan on finishing the kit as one of the 4th panzer division's vehicles in the spring of 1943. The colors will be Panzer Grey with slight traces of the white wash left over.

Later,
Tim
octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 411 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 02:45 PM UTC
Hi TankShack,

You've done a great job on your Marder III, it's really impressive. Just can't wait to see it after painted. I just finished mine too, you can take a look here: http://groups.msn.com/armorama/tamiyamarderiiiparti.msnw?Page=Last

Your comments are welcome

Steve
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 03:35 PM UTC
Looking good Tankshack. Just a couple questions out of curiosity. What makes the copper so nice to work with? Where's the other seat back; are you going to leave it off? Are you going to paint it like that, or will you take the gun assembly off for painting? I would think it would be hard to get at some of the spots with an airbrush (The old adage "if you can see it, you can paint it" doesn't always work if you ask me).

Nic
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 11:49 PM UTC
Looking nice. The fenders look killer. Can't wait to see it painted

I just finished mine too, you can take a look here

great job on yours too Steve (:-)
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 12:48 AM UTC
Folgore,
The copper is very nice to work with because it does not "work harden" as you fold. That way, you get more tries at getting the parts folded just right.

As far as the seat back, I am going to add the small pieces of pipe that held the seat back on the rear basket... and then the seat will be in place. I thought that would look cool and show how the seats were stored.

I build most of my models in subassemblies that can be separated for painting. This model is just sitting together at this point. The upper hull can be removed to reveal the interior details, the gun assembly, the gun shield, and even the roadwheels are still easily removed for painting. That way I can get at everything for the painting.

Later,
Tim
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 06:38 AM UTC
Looks nice so far and the fenders do look great.

Is the shield and/or gun assembly setting crooked? The fifth pic inparticular is the one I'm seeing this. You may just have it set on there for pics but you may want to take a look.
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 08:34 AM UTC
Since he's doing it in subassemblies, I'm sure he's just placed it on for the pics. With the Tamiya Marder, the gun assembly gets stuck in with a polycap, and should be much lower than that. I don't think he's stuck it in yet. I didn't notice that before though, good eye Bryan.

Tankshack--Is that copper easy to dent up for the fenders?

Nic
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 09:13 AM UTC
Folgore,
The copper is very easy to work with. The Warriors set is much thinner than the copper used in the Verlinden products.

The results are very convincing when adding dents and scrapes. I'm not going to test it out on this model... but on a future project I might even try some extensive damage.
Later,
Tim
 _GOTOTOP