Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Miniature Magic! How fare ye all?
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2005 - 08:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You mean you actually read the book - !! I only sold a few and lost contact with all the buyers - 8 or 9 copies I think altogether.

Yep, so you still have contact with one buyer. I especially enjoyed; “Converting the Hasegawa 1/72 scale Crusader tank to a 17-pounder Gun Tractor” and Chapter Nine – Diorama.

Dave – Your Karl is looking good, not too much to go now.

Paul – Your KV is looking good as well. I know what you’re going through, as I’m presently building ACE’s BTS-2. I was going to enter the Mug, Sweat and Gears campaign with it, but got bogged down cleaning, making the parts fit and actually assembling them.
I’m not complaining, as ACE gives us some very different subjects. The build process is just very humbling!

Rodeomonkey – I’ve yet to buy one of Dragon’s 1/72 (and smaller scale) kits, but seems you and quite a few other members are developing an affinity for the kits.
Orffer
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 44 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2005 - 05:39 PM UTC
Savage - I would like to ask a question: 'Where do I post the finished pictures of our campaign? I have completed my entry, but I cannot find the correct place to post the completed pictures...

Dieter
Savage
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2005 - 11:06 PM UTC
Hi Dieter

For the moment, put it in this thread!
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 01:42 AM UTC
Well, I didn't want to feel left out, so here is what I have so far on my entry. The base and Bradley are done. The base is Verlinden's 1/72 Desert Road and of course the Bradley is from Dragon. I added accessory kits from Czech Masters and Legend Productions to the Bradley. The Abrams, once again is from Dragon. I started out using the Eduard Photo Etch set for it, but them Extra Tech cam e out with one that replaces the side rails and bustle rack. So I am using both on it. I also have accessory sets from Czech for the Abrams. I will be adding the Prieser Modern Tankers and Infantry to comlpete the dio.

More to come later. I had to put this aside to finish soem other projects and reviews.

ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,218 posts
Armorama: 401 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 02:05 AM UTC
I am in the process of polishing the canopy on the He111 so I can get to painting, and.......... I have also started and ready to paint a 1/144 scale FM-2 Wildcat with a carrier deck base. I hope to get the digi cam this weekend to take a few pics for ya to see...

(++)
Orffer
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 06:28 PM UTC
Hi

Here is my campaign entry. I have already posted this within the campaign gallery.

This was fun!

Now I have to un-squint my eyes and un-superglue my fingers! :-) :-)

Regards

Dieter
Orffer
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 06:34 PM UTC

OK, let's try this one more time...

Here's my campaign entry, since the previous pics does not seem to appear!

Regards

Dieter

SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,041 posts
Armorama: 533 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 09:35 PM UTC
Put the pics in this thread you say?

Ok, here's the links to my finished tanks, 2 so far. 3 to go, maybe more.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/50672&page=1

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/52276&page=1

Savage
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 01:02 AM UTC
Thanks to Gunnie, those interested can now put their photos in the Miniature Magic Campaign Gallery.

Please also continue to post them in the thread!
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 01:57 AM UTC
I've got my Horche about ½ done. I have several other 1/72 scale kits working for other group builds:
KrAZ 255-L for Heavy Haulers (campaign extended)
Jagdpanzer IV L/48 for Tank Destroyers
M3 Scout Car for Spahwagen
Neo
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 916 posts
Armorama: 758 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 02:36 AM UTC
I'm healed and back to building. (Savage: Thanks for the get well).

Long Tom finished, just needs paint. M5 Tractor almost done. Dio base strarted.
Hope to post pic's this weekend (if the lady of the house dose'nt find other work for me - LOL).

Good Luck to All
N E O
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 06:13 AM UTC
Since I just joined Tuesday, I haven't even started thinking about subject or scale. It WILL be modern Rail Armor, but I'm not sure if it will be 1/87 or 1/160.

Squint and glue
Squint and glue

He he
Cuhail
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 03:12 PM UTC
oooh a gallery.

I got a question guys, my pictures are stored in a 'braille' folder at my personal gallery and when I tried to 'move' my pictures to the campaign gallery, the pictures in my 'braille' folder are gone and appeared at the main page of my gallery!

Is there some way to work around this?

DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 05:12 PM UTC
Should get the kits for my entries this coming weekend, so I should have something for you soon. Right after my 1/35 Lanchester review gets finished that is.!
rfeehan
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 727 posts
Armorama: 648 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 02:19 AM UTC
Going to start my Dragon late Tiger I this weekend. As Robin pointed out on my slump thread take a simple kit and build it oob so that is what I am going to do. This one will be my first 1/72 kit in about 20 years but it looks like a fun little kit.
Neo
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 916 posts
Armorama: 758 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 07:22 AM UTC
A few in progress photos:

Cheers
N E O
Savage
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 09:08 AM UTC
Neo glad to hear you’re mended. The M5 & Long Tom is looking good!

Rob, best of luck with Dragon’s Tiger I mate, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it immensely!

I’ve been looking into building one of Dragon’s 1/144 mortars… we’ll see.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 05:07 PM UTC
Got a bin-bag full of small scale vehicle kits - plastic, resin and metal given to me this weekend. My 1/35 Lanchester is in the paint stage, so my entries for this should be under way soon -trouble is with about 20 kits to choose from where do I start! :-)
woltersk
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 1,026 posts
Armorama: 654 posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 - 03:42 AM UTC
Here are my Leo 2A1 and 2A5 from ROCO Miniatures. 1/87th (HO) scale.

Camo is painted. I know, I know--they aren't the same green color. Not sure what happened there, but I thought I would just go with it and see how they turn out.

Since these shots were taken I have painted the details, removed the smoke dischargers (main gun firing simulator for exercises?) from the barrel of the A1 to give it a more clean, combat ready, look.

Next comes painting the tracks, adding the decals, and finally the weathering.

Comments? Suggestions?
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 10:26 PM UTC
Find some time to use the spraygun today and get some models done.
My PST KV-85 for this campaign finally got his green coat on (most right on picture).
The other models are a SdKfz 232 6-rad for the Spahwagen Abteilung Campaign and a Bedford QL with a 5 pdr. Gun that was waiting to be sprayed almost 3 months now... Luckely, plastic is patient.

Paul

Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 11:44 PM UTC
To answer the topic's question, I fare well, I enlisted moments ago. I have been looking at your pics of models in progress, and since most of you build 1:72 armor, I somehow thought that miniature magic is an armor-only campaign. Fortunately I looked at the campaign's page and it said that it's for all genres and all scales up to 1:72. And sci-fi too! I immediately wanted to enlist. So this what I'm going to build. Some sci-fi for you.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It's the halcyon kit from early 90's, 1:144 scale. Had this kit in my stash for some time, I think I'm going to build this one mainly OOB, although a review in starshipmodeler.com said that there's something wrong with the nose and rear thrusters. I'll take a look at them and compare them with the model in the movies (a good excuse to buy the Alien Quadrilogy dvd box! :-) I only got the movies on vhs, recorded from tv...) and if the flaws are seriuos, I'll try to fix them.
Anyway, I'll get started soon.
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 03:27 AM UTC
Emeritus,

Great kit! I wish you very much pleasure with it.
I had an Alien night once; we looked all Alien movies after eachother. Some great movies and I know you must enjoy that DVD box!
(The only one I did'nt like is that 2004 movie Alien vs Predator... what where they thinking making that movie...)

Happy modelling and keep us posted!

Paul
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 06:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I had an Alien night once; we looked all Alien movies after eachother. Some great movies and I know you must enjoy that DVD box!

That would be so cool! And now's about time to get that box. They opened a new mall-buss terminal thingy in Helsinki and there is this department store that has a special opening offer, Quadrilogy dvd box for 29€. I should really grab that one, as the normal price is around 60-70€.

Edit: I checked that store today. The DVD boxes were all gone .
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,161 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 05:51 PM UTC
My Hasegawa Tiger is complete. Second campaign and first braille scale and I erally enjoyed it. Finished it in between working on another kit I'm almost complete with (Star Wars kit, Imperial Speeder Bike) with and while on hold on my other campaign build for Tank Destroyers. Have to get going on that one more. lol

Decided to throw it on one of those small Hobby Lobby mounts I found while browsing the wood section last week, 2 for a dollar so I thought what the heck. Threw some flock and white glue/sand mix on there added some color and voila!

SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 06:21 PM UTC
Maurice,

Your tiger looks great! I love the dusty look to it. Even though the Hasegawa kit has aged alot, you've done a good job on it.

I'm currently working on Esci's Panther (Italeri reboxed) and am having tons of trouble with the crappy link-length tracks! I'll post some pics later.