_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Miniature Magic! How fare ye all?
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 10:55 AM UTC
Well how is everyone doing?

My 1/72 Hasegawa M1 Abrams is almost ready for paint. I was trying out different thinning ratios for my airbrush today, so it and Old Faithful got an initial coat.

I built the Hasegawa M1 Abrams OOTB as a relaxing weekend build! Side skirts and a few other items still need to be stuck on, but almost there!
Old_faithful is an ongoing 1/72 detailing project, which should be finished in another 10 or so years. :-) :-)

Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 11:16 AM UTC
My Horch 180 is about ½ done now. Going to stick to the DAK markings, overall sand with a touch of gray peeking through. I plan on using the top down option.
Savage
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 11:38 AM UTC
Rob, is this MAC Distribution’s Horch?
If it is, I was looking at getting their Horch with Flak 30, any comments as to the kit; fit- detail etc?

Thanks

EDIT: Thanks Rob, Not to worry, I just read your "A couple of Braille scale projects" post!
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 11:59 AM UTC
I've got that kit as well. The Flak 30 looks pretty nice.
ara398
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 27 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 01:13 PM UTC
Hi all!

Revell Leopard 2A5 is started (in a different scheme than you'd expect!).

Just about to start airbrushing.

Regards,
Adrian
P.S. What determines whether a campaign has a seperate forum or not?

Orffer
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 44 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 05:28 PM UTC
I'm busy with the base of my diorama. Trees are build, 1/72 Revell Stug IV is nearing completion. I did a small hash of the tracks, but I'll try and fix it with a little bit of patience and a tin of paint.

Dieter
penpen
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 929 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 10:44 PM UTC
My type 74 is compeltely built now.
I need to take pics and start painting !
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 11:30 PM UTC
I've gotten mine pretty much complete and hae a couple more underway. Pz III is the almost complte kit. You'll have to wait for the others. Its a surprize :-) "Q"
BigBrother
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 88 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 11:36 PM UTC
Big turnover at work not sure if Ill be able to paint here anymore can still build though. B52 stalled ready to paint interior, 6x6 outa gas waiting to paint
hope this dosnt last forever
Steve
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 03:24 AM UTC
I had not joined this groupbuild (as 1:72 is not really my cup of Tea ) but I just build this Leopard for a colleage at work. So I guess I'll beter join, and use it as an excuse to build a UM models Russian Artilery tank (pre WW II) that I have in the stash.

Cheers
Henk
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 715 posts
Armorama: 297 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 01:07 AM UTC
Still trying to get a coat of paint on my Karl.
Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 528 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 06:50 PM UTC
Painting the cammo on my havoc gun ship. still need to add little details and then it will be finished.

Where do i post pics or do I need to enter final pics to get the ribbon?
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 06:58 PM UTC
Haven't joined up yet, but a friend is visiting me next weekend and bringing a large box of unmade kits, mostly 1/76 & 1/72 as a pressie (he started modelling and didn't take to it). So once I've sorted through it I reckon there could be a cool half-dozen or so entries from me!
wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 02:38 AM UTC
Here are my 1/72 vehicles for this campaign. A sdkfz 250/9 and a sdkfz 7/1. They have their figures too. All the stuff will be on a little diorama.
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,041 posts
Armorama: 533 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 03:02 AM UTC
I've finished 2 models (Tiger1 and PzIII) and i just bought another 3 new kits.

Italeri Panther A
Revell Challenger1 and King Tiger

Hopefully i can finish them before i start my new job.

Neo
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 916 posts
Armorama: 758 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 03:29 AM UTC
Greetings All,

My 155mm Long Tom was moving along very well - untill I almost cut my thumb off on a piece of drywall corner bead.

('|:(')

I'm out for 'bout two weeks - till I get all the stitches out.

Good Luck,
N E O

Savage
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 03:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Haven't joined up yet…

Dave after reading; “A Beginner’s Guide to Small Scale Military Vehicle Modelling” I honestly thought you’d be one of the first to enlist…..

Just kidding, read your reason in an earlier post and truly do hope you sign up for this one!

Guys thanks for the heads up, looks as if everyone is enjoying the build!
Savage
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 03:39 AM UTC
Sorry to hear about the mishap Neo. Best wishes with the healing process, take it easy until the thumb is fully mended!
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,161 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 06:23 AM UTC
Started work on my Tiger, have it cleaned, washed, dried and now ready for a prime and then painting. Might even try the airbrush on this one for the first time ever, most likely not though as I'd be scared of screwing it up. lol
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,331 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 11:50 AM UTC
My Revell PzIII is finished, done up in my first attempt at winter camo. Almost constructed is Trumpeter's 1/144 Karl, which was a neat little build. Very crisp molding. It was my first experience with Trumpeter, and I was very impressed. If they do that well with 1/144, their 1/35 stuff must be gold. Also struggling with the DML 1/72 Maus. The problem isn't with the kit, but with that four letter word, "work". I haven't had much time for modeling, or pictures, lately. I hope to at least get some PzIII pics taken this weekend, and hopefully finish the Karl. Keeping my figures crossed.

Mike

DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 12:02 PM UTC
[quote
Dave after reading; “A Beginner’s Guide to Small Scale Military Vehicle Modelling” I honestly thought you’d be one of the first to enlist…..

Just kidding, read your reason in an earlier post and truly do hope you sign up for this one!
![/quote]

You mean you actually read the book - !! I only sold a few and lost contact with all the buyers - 8 or 9 copies I think altogether. I actually wrote that in response to loads of questions from the guy that's bringing me the box of kits - he started a modelling club at the hospital he works at, using it as therapy for stroke victims- encourages hand to eye co-ordination. Unfortunately he gave up modelling and the club folded through having finances withdrawn. All the other books he'd tried assumed that the reader could already make models - disregarding the fact that if they could, then they wouldn't need the book!
I gave them a few of mine as 'inspiration', so they're probably still floating around a store room at Southmead Hospital in Bristol.............................
Orffer
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 44 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 06:15 PM UTC
An update on my situation...

I have airbrushed, painted and washed my Revell 1/72 Stug IV the other night! I'm trying the Ardenn camo pattern, so hopefully it's a reasonable representation. My little base is also going along pretty fine.

I took pictures, but the lighting was not right... too dark.

I hope to take some decent pictures during the weekend and report back on Monday with some progress pics. (Otherwise, go and look within my gallery area on what I have done already.)

Dieter
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 715 posts
Armorama: 297 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 01:48 AM UTC
Finally got my Karl primed and the first coat of Panzer grey applied. Working on the tracks now.

KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 06:23 AM UTC
OK, not my original plan, but I had this kit in stash also so I started with it. The other idea is still in; just make me 2 entries :-)

This kit is not what I expected. It needs much more work as for instance a Matchbox or Revell kit, but it's fun all the same.

Paul

rodeomonkey
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 09:24 PM UTC
Dragon finaly sent me the missing parts for my t-34/1940 so i got it started last week. Nice little kit, it goes together very easily, even has a breach for the gun and basic detail for the inside of the turret, i might even leave the hatch open and add a couple of figures. But those tracks!!! Vinyle and about 10mm to short, not to mention the scolloped edges. I'll get some photos up soon.
 _GOTOTOP