Need an idea and your opinion!
Rhemz
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 01:31 AM UTC
Hello guys!
I'm working on different diorama's. I've photo's of my work and my finished diorama's. Now I need an idea for the first diorama "No name" or tell me what you think of my idea, or if you have a better one, please tell me.

And what do you guys think of my diorama's? Do they look a little bit okay? Or do you have any comments about one of them, please tell me. Because I don't really know if the things i've made are "realistic" or not.

Check my link

http://www20.brinkster.com/rhemz/model.html
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 01:43 AM UTC
File Not Found

I would love to help, but your link doesnt work
Rhemz
Visit this Community
Netherlands
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 02:05 AM UTC
Try again, I just put it on the site, so maybe it does not work. ctrl F5 and i've i'm right it will work then!
generalrazo
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 312 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 05:29 AM UTC
Wow, they look good to me. I love the pines in that winter KT dio. How did you make them? Also...how did you make that large tree with the tan foliage....looks like maybe dried herbs sprayed tan/yellow?

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the water in the Omaha dio...it should be shiny not flat...just spray some gloss on it and it should help

Eddie
ekke
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 229 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 06:49 AM UTC
Great Work! I love the pine trees, how did you do them?

(yeah an I agree with Eddie, make the water shiny with some layers of gloss and everything should be allright.)

greets, ekke
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
Armorama: 1,174 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 07:11 AM UTC
hi rhemz, these dios are more than okay, your defenately talented when it comes to groundwork!

like ekke and eddie pointed out, you might want to gloss the water on the omaha dio up

Frank
Pilgrim
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 516 posts
Armorama: 417 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 07:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the water in the Omaha dio...it should be shiny not flat...just spray some gloss on it and it should help

Eddie

also, think about some seaweed and barnacles growing on the hedgehogs.
Rhemz
Visit this Community
Netherlands
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 09:42 AM UTC
thanks guys! yes i'm still working on the d-day diorama and i'm going to put realistic water from woodland on it, and make the waves a little bit white. And add some death fish to it.

The pine trees i've made out of pieces of a plant and soaked it in some liquid stuff (i'm going to look it up, what's it called, It's used by a dentist. It stops the plant from drying out) . Then drill some holes in a stick and put them in it.

The big tree i've made from clay and little pieces of sea foam. Then spray it with liquid glue and put some dry herbs on it.
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 01:46 AM UTC
nice dio u got there...
have a slight idea of what im gonna do after lookin at urs..dont worry i wont copy...juz improvised...
HILBERT
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,808 posts
Armorama: 1,069 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 01:51 AM UTC
Ola,

Nice looking dio mate
How did you make the snow? With natriumbicarbonaat?

Greetz Hilbert.
Stoner1313
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 04:26 AM UTC
because of space constraints, i wasnt able to add the waterline to my own work in progress omaha dio, but i had many ideas on what to do

before you lay down that scenics water, consider having a few of your figures jumping over the side of the landing craft instead of going through the door where on omaha the front door was prey to german MG's

i would suggest having a few figures crouched in the water, maybe even a few dead bodies floating with the living using them for cover. Horrible and disgusting, but its what happened, be sure that iff there are any dead bodies to add a touch of blood to the scenics water as it is forming,

As for your first dio with no idea yet, in order to seem lifelike, one of those AFV's would have to be empty and probably wrecked for thre other to get that close. I would suggest having the sherman totaled and its crew is hiding out in the castle from the german infantry as they come by
generalrazo
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 312 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 04:28 AM UTC
I just noticed something else....try putting a bit of rust on those tank obstacles on Omaha Beach....they're a bit to clean right now.
Sherminator
Visit this Community
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 158 posts
Armorama: 121 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 06:57 AM UTC
Nice dio,
but I notice a little mistake on the KV, the white stripes.
When the Soviet advancing for Berlin, a white identification stripe was painted on the turrets of their tanks and your KV dio isn't a Berlin dio.
Rhemz
Visit this Community
Netherlands
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 08:47 AM UTC
yes your right! thanx for your comments, i'm still painting the figures for the d-day diorama, and detailing the landing craft. And the obstacles aren't painted yet.

The snow on the russian diorama, is made of salt with a little bit of "talc powder" on it.

And on the diorama with no idea yet, yes i'm thinking of wrecking the sherman, with "Verlinden USA Tank Crew Baling Out 1&2" and then using only the dead crew members.
 _GOTOTOP