_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Jim asks: Who is going to Atlanta?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 10:51 AM UTC
I am sorry to report that about 2 weeks ago I realized that a trip to Atlanta was not going to be feasible for this year. Mainly due to the amount of time away from work I have had to take recently for my health issues. So...

That said who *is* going? We would still love to have some kind of presence for Armorama at the show. And Rhodes Williams has graciously offered to share his space with us in the Dragon Expo area. I would be very happy to support any group that wants to undertake this (via materials and such). We could also display a selection of models by members. Give out name badges and all that other fun stuff.

Thanks,
Jim
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 11:11 AM UTC
Jim
I plan on taking time off from the road down there I am not a member of the IPMS However I would like to show off one of my models that I built in my truck Maybe give out a discussion on how I do it I know I plan on taking lots of photos Let me know how I can help

I also told Paul Owen,owner of Track Links site that I will be happy to give a report on the show Hope to meet some members down there

Hope you are feeling beter soon Boss
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,580 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 10:41 PM UTC
Hi Jim,
I'll be heading down to Atlanta with several buddies from my IPMS club. Let me know if I can help out in any way. We'll be having a club table ourselves but i'm sure I can manage some time for ArmoramA.
Chad, good to hear that you'll be there too. We'll have to make it a point to meet up.
Craig
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 06:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am not a member of the IPMS However I would like to show off one of my models that I built in my truck

Chad, (and anyone else) just a note to say, though you have to be an IPMS member to enter your models in the contest you don't have to be a member to get a display table ($20.00) and put your models on it. If you plan to be there for a couple of days it would be worthwhile to pay the one time $30.00 registration fee. It allows you access to both shows everyday plus the "goody bag" with a nice decal sheet (worth about $20.00 commercially) and the magazine (about another $8-10.00). Your general admission ticket ($10.00/day) will get you into both shows, The IPMS Nats, and Dragon Expo. That includes the vendor and exhibition halls for both shows. As far as the seminars and programs go, registered attendees will have preference, and general admission will be allowed in on a space available basis. OK I'll stop selling now.

Cheers,
Mike
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 06:41 AM UTC
Craig
It will be good to see you down there along with any other members
Mike
Would I be able to pay for a table,etc down there? Or would I have to register for it ahead of time? I don't have a credit card That's why I ask

Maybe some of us could get together on one or more tables?
IndyCopper
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 06:48 AM UTC
I will be making the trip.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 09:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Would I be able to pay for a table,etc down there? Or would I have to register for it ahead of time? I don't have a credit card That's why I ask

I know you can register for the show online then send them a check or MO. I would think you could do the same with a display table. If you're interested you can e-mail the display coordinator, Doug Nelson, at the following address: [email protected] he could answer any questions you might have.

Mike
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,303 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 11:22 AM UTC
I'll be going. My co-author will be making a speech on OIF (TC of an M1A1) and I will be giving him the model of his tank in a dio setting.
 _GOTOTOP