_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Academy M3 Stuart
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 09:32 AM UTC
Here's what I've been up to this week.
I assembled one set of the individual link track. It was a little more difficult than I thought that it should be; mostly, because the pins on the links are not all consistently sized. Some of the links fit nice and snug, no glue required and other links would not stay together without a drop of glue.

The model in the pictures is built up except for a few minor parts like the vision blocks and the tools.

I am adding a few little things here and there... like brush guards and wiring for the lights and a few missing rivets.

Later,
Tim

[
WAR-TOOL
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 12:40 PM UTC
are you doing the north africa version or the amercan or japanes? Im working on this same model, ill have to get some pics up some time. Yours looks great, keep up the good work.
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 12:46 PM UTC
Thanks for checking out the model.

This one is going to be an American version. I have a few issues to resolve in terms of the exact features that were present in the early version.

I can't wait to do another one. I really hope that the M3A1 gets here soon... I really like the Stuart and I want to build a bunch of them.

Later,
Tim
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 12:12 AM UTC
Looking good to me also. Are these the tracks that came with it or are you using the AFV club ones by the color looks like Academy. Rivet armor a Tank destroyer mans dream
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 12:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking good to me also. Are these the tracks that came with it or are you using the AFV club ones by the color looks like Academy. Rivet armor an Tank destroyer mans dream

The individual link tracks are from the kit. I tried the afv club tracks... they were only a slight improvement over the kit tracks... so I'll save them for another project..

Later,
Tim
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 02:36 AM UTC
Hi Tankshack.
Nice looking job.
I read at the Perth Military Modelling Society webpage that the bogies are incorrect on this kit. Here is the page.http://pmms.webace.com.au/reviews/vehicles/acd1399wheels.htm
Other rhan that, how was the kit to build. I was thinking of buying it. What are the independent track links from the kit like?
Thanks,
Andrew
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 02:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Tankshack.
Nice looking job.
I read at the Perth Military Modelling Society webpage that the bogies are incorrect on this kit. Here is the page.http://pmms.webace.com.au/reviews/vehicles/acd1399wheels.htm
Other rhan that, how was the kit to build. I was thinking of buying it. What are the independent track links from the kit like?
Thanks,
Andrew

Thanks for posting that link to Terry's fine article on the roadwheels. I agree with his analysis... however, the kit is so nice to build that I did not want to put it back in the box just because of a minor flaw in the suspension.

The kit tracks were not bad... if you look closely you can see the differences between the individual links and the "rubber band" tracks... as the one on the driver's side is the individual links and the other is the one piece track.

I really can't wait to see what the aftermarket guys come out with for this one.

Later,
Tim
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 02:58 AM UTC
I was also wondering about photoetch for the Stuart. Is any available yet?
I noticed that you have ot left any hatches open.
Are the interior details good or is that why you decided to keep them closed?
Thanks,
Andrew

tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 03:12 AM UTC
The interior is not correct for an M3 it's more correct for the M3A1 which has been released. I didn't want to get to carried away on this model... so I am just building this one all buttoned up.

Eduard has a set out for the M3 Honey

Later,
Tim
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 09:28 PM UTC
I have looked in with interest at this kit for a while. Now I can wait no more. IF I dont buy this in the next few days or weeks this will definately be on the Xmas list. Looks brilliant and apart from a few small tweaks that folk have talked about, I think it still looks very attractive and sounds like a pleasant build!
 _GOTOTOP