_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
--O2W-- Real MEAN BIKE with EASY RIDER guy
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 03:48 AM UTC
OK, all...

After seeing that very mean Jolly Rodgers bike of Cuhail and that awsome chopper of Mother, I desided to do some serious bike modelling.

So, now I'm building one...

It's becoming a classic, old, mean, shiny black bike with little red rearlight, big shiny front light and chrome wheels.
The biker is an old man with a big moustasche, called Klaas.
(Klaas is actually a pretty mean Dutch name...My Highschool Sports Teacher was called Klaas...)
-

-
But I have to warn you! It is a shocking image!
-

-
Are you ready to see the picture?
-

-
OK, You asked for it!
HERE IT IS!!!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Comments welcome!

Paul
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 03:54 AM UTC
AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH Hells angels are coming to town :-) :-).
Nice one Paul, looking good so far.
Snowhand
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 345 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 04:04 AM UTC
looking good paul
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 04:56 AM UTC
Lance Armstrong circa 2050. :-)
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 06:04 AM UTC
No Fair---- No Fair----- he took my idea....... :-) :-) :-)
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 08:00 AM UTC
Ola Paul

Wow that is a mean machine and an even meaner rider. He actually looks like the Brother of my Grandfather. Funny thing is that his name is Klaas too.
Only thing I should do is putting a matt coat over the rubber tires as bicycle tire rubber is not shiny. And if you are really in a masochistic mood try painting the "Gazelle" decoration in Gold and red.... Or "Batavus" or "Magneet" or wait I have a better idea. Scratchbuilt some saddlebags (Fietstassen) in Black. Paint the Empo Logo and Decoration on it... Then you have exactly my last bike..... before it broke down

Very nice project good humor too. Will you be building a Vignette with the Man riding on the Very flat Country side or on a Dike (Probably I have spelled the word dike not correct in that case it is hilarious but think the opposite, If it IS spelled correctly then of course it was meant to be that way as I don`t want to go Off with the fact I don`t know the difference.... In Dutch it is Dijk) ploughing through the wind '

Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 07:38 PM UTC
LOL You came very close Faust!

Indeed he's gonne be ploughing through the wind.
Not on a dike (though sounds good; a dike-biker...)but besides a railway embarkment.
Yep, this little Klaas is going to ride next to the K5 on the K5 diorama I'm building together with Eric

Actually, it's a very rare bike: It will be one of the lasts bikes remaining in The Netherlands after German occupation :-)
(ohoh... the biggest WWII frustration of the Dutch people. I even got a youthbook called "Blijf van mijn fiets af" (Trans: Don't touch my bike) ) :-) :-)

I think Gazelle was there during wartime, so painting on that logo doesn't sound so bad, actually...
Also, I like the idea of bags on the lugage carrier. I was thinking of a sack with patatoes myself, but bicycle bags sounds nice too. So, thanks for the

Paul
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 07:50 PM UTC
:-) :-)
Hey Paul he looks neat. I thought I was going to see a mean bike There is a gentleman in my town that looks just like him, right down to the hat. Everyday he peddles down the Avenue in his blue suit twice a day. What colors are you doing!
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 08:06 PM UTC
Hi Joe!

Well, I was thinking about a sloppy brown suit, but blue sounds nice too I must say. Perhaps I do that; differs nice from the uniforms on the dio it's gonna be placed on eventually.
It's just after the liberation and clothing was only on coupons during the occupation, so it are gonna be old clothings.

Funny that more people recognise someone they know in this little guy. Seems he's been everywhere on his bike

Paul
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 2,654 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 11:32 PM UTC
Paul I was going to do something similar- have already built bike- actually similar to the bike Lance actually rode last year -same brand- but not the Madone(don't worry bike joke-Mine was $3500 mate bought Madone worth $9999 - he is a Peditrician MD so can afford it) Made it the week after I bought it cause I was off work cause I crashed aaagh my new bike- might put them on the bike
Ian
 _GOTOTOP