_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Just Spoke to Joe (MOTHER)
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
Armorama: 416 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 03:31 PM UTC
Hey folks. Just got off the phone with MOTHER (Joe Scziegel) a short while ago. Those of you who read his "C Word" post realize that he had to go in ion Sat. to have one of his "boys" removed to be sent off & biopsied. The good news id that while they were in they had a look around the other organs & glands in the vicinity & there was no visible sign of the Cancer spreading. The bad news is that he's now got to wait about 3 weeks for the biopsy results to find out if this form of cancer is metastasizing(spreading through his blood & lymph). Any of you who've been through this part of the ordeal know that this can be the most stressful time (I had a mass removed from my chest back in '91, thankfully benign...), so as you can imagine hes a bit unsettled. He's uncomfortable at best (many of you may recall that he just underwent ANOTHER major back surgery in February) and can't even shower due to the location of his sutures(no way to seal that area... ). So, basically he feels like crap.
In his own illimitable style however, he is of course still making plans for his next project. Probably gonna be another helo, so we've got some good stuff to look forward to. He's also got Maryanne, his amazing wife, to look after his needs while he's down. Id say he's doing a damn sight better than I'd be in his position.
That being said, I'm sure he could use some support from the gang here at the Big A. Many of you I'm sure have been touched by Joe's amazing generosity (He gives away kits left & right, and even sends off his completed masterpieces to admirers just because they happen to like or have a history with that particular vehicle or system.), and even more have benefitted from his vast store of knowledge and access to references-which he supplies with no desire of reciprocity. This guy is a gem, and a true asset to the site. I would like to ask that anyone reading this post a message for him, or PM him, email, or for those of you with his phone # or address, give him a call or send a card. Just knowing how much his "other familiy" cares will certainly go a long way toward easing his mind in a troubled time.

Few of us had a chance to give our support to another of our Site's guiding lights (Garry Beebe- clear skies & following seas, pal ) before he was lost to us, so, PLEASE- lets not allow this chance to pass.
I realize this is a modeling site first & foremost, but we're also a community. Can we take the time to show our friend how much we care? I hope so.

Thank you for your time.

p.s.-If I can get Staff_Jim's approval, I may be hitting you up for a more concrete ~ahem~ monetary response to this unfortunate circumstance. stay tuned...
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 03:51 PM UTC
Robert,tell joe we're all thinkin' of him all the time.May the good Lord bless him with good health and speedy recovery.
Please keep us in tune with his progress.
cheers!
rv1963
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 03:58 PM UTC
We all wish him a fast recovery, i know i always enjoy seeing his amazing models he is a very skilled man.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 05:11 PM UTC
Sending Joe my best wishes. This is a very stressful and worrying time, waiting for results. With family & friends around I'm sure he'll get through it and stay with us for a good while yet.
HILBERT
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,808 posts
Armorama: 1,069 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 05:11 PM UTC
Tell him I hope that he will recover soon!

MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 06:47 PM UTC
Darn. I missed his 'C' post but please tell him I wish all the best for him. I too know what it is like to wait for news of this sort.

cheers
Cliff
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 08:56 PM UTC
It's good to hear that there seems to be no spreading, let's hope that the test results are clear aswel. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Joe.

All the best
Henk

Oh, and thanks for the heads up Robert.

Cheers
Henk
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 10:44 PM UTC
Hi Bob.... I spoke to him last night also.... sounded up and chipper, of course I had him laughing until it hurt..... Promised to post about it, Glad you beat me to it, since I had to run out to work. He sends his reguards to everyone.... and hopes to be back on line in a few days.....

Good to see you back Bob... stop getting lost.... Ya'll hear!! Always nice to know another member of the zipper club....LOL
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 10:54 PM UTC
Joe, i hope it will all turn out okay!

keep safe!

greetings from Serbia

Mirko
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,594 posts
Armorama: 973 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 11:02 PM UTC

Joe............please accept my best wishes and thoughts for a speedy and GOOD result........ regards from Scotland
aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
DRAGONWAGON
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,041 posts
Armorama: 501 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 11:20 PM UTC
Joe,

My thoughts are with you, and I pray for a fast and complete recovery...
If there's anything I can do.....

Get well soon, John.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 11:49 PM UTC
I'm glad to hear the update - thank you very much.

I know this is very trying for everyone involved. I hope all goes well. Please pass on my well wishes if you talk to him again.

Mother -take care.
fbuis
Visit this Community
Ain, France
KitMaker: 447 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 12:24 AM UTC
I wish him a fast recovery and he will get well the test results.

Francois
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 2,654 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 12:37 AM UTC
Thank Robert and Grumpy for the update - have really ben thinking of our friend Joe, God bless ya me old china plate- Crikeys thats gotta hurt
Ian
ps some bottled queensland sunshine is on the way Joe :-) :-) :-)
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 01:04 AM UTC
Good luck thorugh this ordeal Joe. Glad you have a good support system to get you through this...any wife who will stand with you when you cannot shower is definately worth keeping! :-)
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Armorama: 356 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 02:54 AM UTC
Joe, I wish you the best of luck man. My thoughts and prayers will include you for a while, then I charge a quarter for each one after that. I'm doing all I can to keep myself alive LOL. I gotta tell ya man, the fight is on and its time to pull it together and give it hell. You'll wanna fall every now and then, and that's ok, its ok to be weak, cry, feel sorry for yourself, but when the tears dry, you gotta get tough again.

Joe, I've had 9 major spinal surgeries, 4 intestinal surgeries, even died on the table once, then another set back with only 8 hours to live. Pfft, my parents got up from FLA within the 8 hours to see me. You wanna talk about someone that was worried? I've had 3 corrective eye surgeries, I had a deviated ceptume nose operation and three knee surgeries. Um, ya, I live in pain, emence pain, but Joe, its worth it to see my dogs running through the yard chasing a ball, its worth it to take a trip to the ocean and gaze upon its splendor. That even took me 7 YEARS to be able to walk on the sand again. I had to put sand in a shoe box and step on it every day with the determination that I'd walk again, no matter how slow on the beach with my wife. Each time I stepped on sand it was like a million needles poking my feet from nerve damage. I can stroll the sand now, and life is good. If for anything Joe, fight the fight, eat right for your family. Fight to be able to tell someone else going through what you're going through and be able to share your experience so they won't feel so alone, scared, oh I don't know.... This is getting weird, I'll just stop. Joe, hang tough man! Keep smiling, it ain't over till the fat angel sings... Oh, one more thing man.

NEVER let the skeletons out of the closet! Just incase you live! Laugh, I had 8 hours to go, what do I do? What do I say? Everyone just stared at each other, you don't know what to say! Don't let the skeletons out! :-) :-)
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 03:05 AM UTC
As I have said in my PMs to you, we are all here for you. Robert summed up perfectly your contribution to everyone. You are an inspiration to all and your generosity is famous, I know, because you've given me first hand knowledge of these facts. Personally, you have given me so much knowledge about modelling (not the least in the realm of helicopters) that the only way that I know to pay you back, is to pay it forward.

THANK YOU!

Jeff
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 03:12 AM UTC
MAN! I've really been out of the loop. I'll be sending Joe ...something..in hopes to keep him cheered up. I know what you mean by Joe's willingness to share, He sent me a set of decals to go with my huge Huey. Refused to take anything for them in return.

It never ceases to amaze me; people who would give you the shirt off their back are always...ALWAYS...the first to have something rotten happen in their life. And the jerks go on forever.....

Thanks for posting that Rob, I would have never known otherwise.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
Armorama: 1,174 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 03:33 AM UTC
speady recovery Joe, your a great part of the comunity i like spending a lot of my spare time with, your work has always impressed me.

Good luck pal,
Frank
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
Armorama: 192 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 04:03 AM UTC
ive just had a look in his gallery, is that photos of this surgery there? and why is the bikin' dog called phil! i sent him a pm as well just to say get well soon
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 04:37 AM UTC
Hang tough Joe and keep your pecker up. Wishing you well from the South of England.
Andy
P.S Thanks for the update Robert.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 04:51 AM UTC
Hang in there Joe. Mary Ann it is a helpful feeling to know that you are there to help our brother through this. We continue to send our prayers and best wishes to you all.
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 05:36 AM UTC
I just sent Joe a PM and joined the Capture Aidid campaign. Get well soon, Joe!
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,318 posts
Armorama: 837 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 05:41 AM UTC
Best wishes from Alabama. I hope you get to feeling better soon and get good reports.

Patrick
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 06:30 AM UTC
All the best Joe,and wishing you well,you have got a lot of thoughts with you.
Arthur
 _GOTOTOP