Hosted by Darren Baker
weekend Mutt
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 11:48 PM UTC
Hi, all! Finally got started on my 1st entry for Welcome to the Nam. This is the ancient 1/35 Academy M151A2 kit which I picked up for a few euros, and I thought it would make an easy build for my first attempt at anything with wheels since 2002. This is a quick paint job, mostly for me to get a feel for painting vehicles again, and also to try out some rust effects. I will probably strip most off it off later and repaint.

Not the greatest of kits (what can I expect for 3 euros 50?). No engine at all, the underside of the vehicle's embarrasingly bare, and the rear wheels don't fit in the wheel arches. No driver's pedals either, and the M60 GPMG looks like it was made for Ken & Barbie.

On the plus side, you get a driver, a heavy mortar and its 3-man crew.

I had originally planned a 5-vehicle convoy ambush dio as my entry, but now discover that I will have to move to Germany in April. I really don't want to risk having to transport a large dio all the way to Europe, so I will submit the vehicles as seperate entries to the campaign. Am determined to get started on that dio once I'm settled into Germany though.
 _GOTOTOP