_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
german navy uniform
kastnerr
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 02:16 AM UTC
Hi folks,

Building only tanks and othe 'land bound stuff' get boring after a while so i decided to start a new dio located at an german harbour site during WW2. the idea is, that two german navy techs support a third person during a dive. My anser now is, what colors were used by the navy techs overalls during this periode and which insignias do they have and where.

hope someone can help me out with some pictures or links.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 02:28 AM UTC
Welcome, Kastnerr !
I saw you also posted the same question in the "figures" post. No need to post twice here on Armorama, though. I'm sure someone in the "figures" department will be able to help you out.
Sounds like a nice dio idea. I think I saw Verlinden vignettes with german navy crews on 1/35 only recently... ?
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,580 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 04:16 AM UTC
Hi Kastnerr,
I have a great book on WWII uniforms by Andrew Mollo. Unfortunately, it's at home right now.
I'll look for info for you tonight. In the mean time, I did a search and came up with this site:

http://www.thirdreichforum.com/phpBB2/index.php?sid=da36534422d8bc50efa4ca0d9b5c1766

It's a Third Reich Forum, with a uniform forum in it. I bet someone there will be able to help you out.
Hope this helps,
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 07:39 AM UTC
Hi,

Welcome to ArmoramA.

Here Uniforms at The Third Reich Fact Book you have some photos of uniforms, insignias and so on.

HTH
Golikell
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 914 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 10:37 AM UTC
Hi,
According to Ospreys Warrior 37: German Seaman 1939-45, the work clothes of seaman (specially the kind of work which made them dirty) was a simple white moleskin uniform.
The jackets were straight cut, with one sewn in pocket on the left breast and 5 BIG buttons to close it. Some wore them outside their trousers, some tucked them in their white or black leather (enigineroom) trousers. If you want some pictures, send me a PM with you e-mail address, and I'll mail them to you.
Good Luck
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,580 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 12:44 AM UTC
Hi Kastnerr,
I looked at Mollo's book last night. Unfortunately, it offered no definative answer for your question. One thing I got from the book was that land based sailors wore a uniform similar to the Army unfiorm except that all buttons, badges and lace were in guilt or yellow, as opposed to grey and silver.
Sorry I can't be of more help to you.
thewrongguy
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 448 posts
Armorama: 306 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 06:38 AM UTC
DML made some naval troops that might be useful

http://www.greatmodels.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=dr6087

Jeff
kastnerr
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 09:16 AM UTC
Hi Erwin, thanx for the pixs, they are great and i see those two techs in color now and not only in greengrey plastic.

Hope i can start making the sea wall this weekend (i like to use a piece of drywall its cheap and it makes a really good wall if you start scribing the pattern stones in it an paint it with water colors)

maybe i send a picture report over the hole project, yep i think this is a good idea.

i'll be back with some other question, i'm sure

Rainer
 _GOTOTOP