_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
GMC-CCKW with #7 wreaker set
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2002 - 08:32 AM UTC
Hi People, this is my first effort at scratch building, modifying and also of using photoetch. The deck is a steel cargo body with a # 7 wreaker set added. Still to be added is the chainblock and tackle and the photoetch hooks from the eduard Tamiya GMC353 kit and mudguards. I am making the MG mount now. The tailgate works and I used the shafts of pins as the hinge pin and added fine chain to each side. Theirry Becker from France was restoring a real one and supplied all the measurements and without his help it would not have been done. The measurements were than made into 1/35 scale plans and than by trial and error (more error then trial) it was built to this stage. I would enjoy anyones comments on this as to ways I can inprove it etc. Once this is finished I am going to do a Tamiya GMC with CMKs fuel tank conversion on the back and of course the cab parts of the Eduard GMC 353 photoetch kit left over from this one.

Photos will be added soon please check back.
Thanks
Cliff (I'm a driver not a private)

Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2002 - 03:55 PM UTC
It looks great Cliff! I certainly could use one for my collection. Would perhaps look nice with the Dragon Wagon in a dio.
Spider
Visit this Community
South Africa
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2002 - 10:52 PM UTC
For your first scratchbuild I think you have done fantastic, especially the mg hatch, what a good idea - how are you going to fix the mg to the roof? Will it be able to move freely or will it be fixed firm in one position?

Well Done!
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2002 - 10:58 PM UTC
cliff

that`s some good scratchbuilding you show there well done.
keep up the good work

Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2002 - 11:42 PM UTC
Looks good, is the base kit the Tamiya truck?
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 08:02 AM UTC
the base kit is the Italeri water tank truck which is why I had to scratch build the spare wheel mount. The winch was from the spares box and was left over from the Italeri cargo version I build back in 1990 before I quit madelling for 10 years or so. The chassi is the same as the cargo version so it fitted straight on. The MG mount is to be a replica of the model 32 mount using the ring and 50 cal MG from a Skybow Dodge 6X6 kit I still have to do as I have already built one of these with the mount and winch so it was surplus to requirements. The chainblock and tackle for the wreaker set will be the one off the Dragon wagon. I will post more pics as I can and as progress goes on. Also thanks for the comments as this gives me the incentive to carry on as living 100 klicks from anywhere I do not get to have other modellers comment on my stuff often.

Cliff (I'm a driver not a private)
 _GOTOTOP