Hosted by Darren Baker
Welcome!!!
Angry_Ensign
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 315 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 01:34 AM UTC
Looks like some folks have already gotten here first!!

I noticed awhile ago that there was no real place for large scale and R/C armor modelers to hang their hats...there were individual forums spread out over a wide array of modeling sites, so, I contacted Jim and here we are.

I'd like to thank him for providing the space, hopefully, now, we large scale tankers have a place we can call home.

With my best regards,

Jeff Herne
'The Angry Ensign"
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 06:10 AM UTC
This is great! I do all scales, but the 1/16th & 1/15th are primarily for R/C battles. I have completed the Tamiya M4 and converted a WSN T34-85 with Tamiya electronics and both turned out superb on the battlefield!

I am currently doing an SU-85 out of the WSN T34 and also have another Tamiya M4 & a Pershing plus a Bandai Stug IV to convert and I don't know what yet I'll do with my static Tamiya Porsche turret KII. Too many projects to do right now, but winter's right around the corner!

Jeff
Angry_Ensign
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 315 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 07:29 AM UTC
Hi Jeff,

What I had found was that there were small clusters of large-scale guys scattered all over the various forums...and what I noticed was that many were covering the same questions and problems, but were never crossing paths.

I'm a recent convert to large-scale, having done 1/35 for eons. I'm not into the R/C side (yet), but with my eyes getting worse and a new basement to fill with models, I figured why not.

Best,

Jeff
WhiteWolf
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 07:36 AM UTC
PantherF:

Yes, it seems that organised R/C battling has focussed in on the Tamiya/Bandai 120mm scale. Its not due to the scale as much as the efforts of the people owning them that were willing to work at organizing the battle rules.

The " battlepark " in the AAF Tank Museum (Danville VA) went a long way to help in the publicity, but many overlook the West Coast's informal battlegrounds that existed before the Danville 'arena'. I understand the Bay Area Tankers have found a home at one of the private Armor museums, and the Texans have found one in their state as well.

Without trying to initiate any flames here, the Marui 1/24 people tried to organise as well, but I surmise the liabilities of the BB's presented legal issues to a battlepark that infra-red units don't. Perhaps the new VS infra-red armor will help overcome this discrepancy, and that a 1/24 rival to the 120mm battlers will appear.

Hopefully we can co-exist with each other without any garbage about which scale is best...

WhiteWolf McBride,
Ottawa, Canada
Wlad
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 01:28 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

Just a quick note of thanks to both Jeff and Jim for setting this up. Long may we post and prosper!
 _GOTOTOP