_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
M3 Honey
Barkmann
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 03:43 PM UTC
This one is not mine... A friend of mine (Richard Craig) ask me posting his picture of his latest M3 Honey Academy kit!!
All markings except for the B4 and desert rat were painted on the serial numbers are dry tranfers.I used humbrol colours for the camo and tamiya buff and pastels for the dusty look.

Thanks for looking and all comments welcomes!

Cheers!
Richard Craig
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 05:51 PM UTC
Very nice Richard. I am just finishing up my Honey. I applied the fender markings tonight and didn't like the thiskness of the decals. Did you hand paint the red and white flashes or air brush them? I think I will paint the flashes also.
lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 340 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 06:23 PM UTC
Thats sweet did he also do the interior cause i would like to see some pics of that also
Thanks Branden
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 12:53 AM UTC
Very nice. I'd like to see the work he did on the interior.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 04:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you for the kind words ...And yes I sprayed the red and white lines first attempt at painting on markings ..not bad if I say so myself . As for the interior I didn't bother to add it since it is all wrong for the M3 .Maybe on an M3a1 I'll go for it .
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 08:13 AM UTC
very, very nice. This is one kit that might deveate me away from softskins for a while. If I do I hope it comes up like this one.

Cliff (I'm still a driver) :-)
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 02:12 AM UTC
Thanks Cliff ..it was a fun kit to build ,easy to build and looks great straight out of the box...I loved the challege of the british camo .Never masked so many things in my life...lol...I recomend it to anyone wanting a change from olive drab or dunkelgleb.

Richard
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 03:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thank you for the kind words ...And yes I sprayed the red and white lines first attempt at painting on markings ..not bad if I say so myself . As for the interior I didn't bother to add it since it is all wrong for the M3 .Maybe on an M3a1 I'll go for it .

Richard--do I understand you correctly, "you did not do the interior"? Is there any way to correct the deficincies?
thanks
DJ
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 939 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 06:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...do I understand you correctly, "you did not do the interior"? Is there any way to correct the deficincies?
thanks
DJ

Hi DJ.

AFV Interiors has pictures of the M3 interior. There are lots of differences, but I'm attempting to fix the interior using plastic card. The kit has nothing for the turret interior, and the curved ammo bins in the interior need to be replaced. The rest appears to be usable/modifiable once you delete the turret basket. Lots of surfaces need pads/cushions made (I'll use putty). It is quite a project, and I'm stalled out right now!! Crew figures will block a lot of the view nicely, so I'm going to work on the kit with some Ultracast crew figures.

I'll post pics once I get back to that kit!

Cheers
Andy
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 06:36 AM UTC
Andy--thank you for your response. I am currently working on the LVT 4A by Italeri. I also bought the VLS after market for her. The machine guns are superb. i face the same dilema you point out in discussing the M-3 Honey. The interior detail is extensive, but who is going to see it once the figures are in place?
I am posting my USMC Sherman final build shots tomorrow and would appreciate your feedback.
thanks
DJ
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 07:32 AM UTC
Hi DJ ..as Andy pointed out it is quite the job to fix the interior and this kit was supposed to be just to relax and have fun .(hmm...isn't that what this hobby is about??....NOT) :-) So instead of cutting and fixing it all I just closed the hatch simple and easy solution..It was a fun challenge just in the painting ...Maybe with the M3A1 I'll do it all up right..Does anyone know if the A1 comes with british markings and side shirts?

Richard
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 08:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi DJ ..as Andy pointed out it is quite the job to fix the interior and this kit was supposed to be just to relax and have fun .(hmm...isn't that what this hobby is about??....NOT) :-) So instead of cutting and fixing it all I just closed the hatch simple and easy solution..It was a fun challenge just in the painting ...Maybe with the M3A1 I'll do it all up right..Does anyone know if the A1 comes with british markings and side shirts?

Richard

Richard--rest assured that I shall follow your very good advice.
thanks
DJ
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 939 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 08:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...Does anyone know if the A1 comes with british markings and side shirts?

Oh!! Good question!
According to Terry Ashley's review, they are there:
http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/acd1398.htm
I see Squadron have the kit at a special prerelease price. Not free shipping, but discounted.

Cheers
Andy
pvtone
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 11 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 04:52 PM UTC
hi Richard,another great model from you.it looks from the pictures that you were at a show if so how did your honey do?Tom
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2003 - 07:43 AM UTC
It was more of an expo than a show ....only a 1st ,2nd and 3rd prize given so only my famo took home second place ,but I'm not a big fan of contests ...Last one I went to I didn't even sign them up to be judged...Hey I like em!

Rick
shermanfreak
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 380 posts
Armorama: 202 posts
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2003 - 03:10 PM UTC
Sweet little Honey ya got there!!!!

Nice work all around.
jdup
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 12 posts
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2003 - 09:09 PM UTC
I agree iy does look good indeed
Grifter
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 425 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 12:00 AM UTC
The M3A1 kit does not contain any British markings. It has one US Army, two Marines, and two Soviet army markings. The side skirts are present.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 01:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It was more of an expo than a show ....only a 1st ,2nd and 3rd prize given so only my famo took home second place ,but I'm not a big fan of contests ...Last one I went to I didn't even sign them up to be judged...Hey I like em!

have to agree with this statement. i only model for my own pleasure. Then i dont have to impress anybody but me! Im very selfish like that. But anyway ...... it is a cool model and the paint work is fantastic. Im glad you like to share though.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 06:01 AM UTC
Thanks plastic...If I like it ,then I'm happy with the results....Doesn't mean I won't build one once in a while just to show the young guns that I'm not over the hill yet!! lol

Rick
 _GOTOTOP