_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Marder III - Finally ready for paint
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 05:13 AM UTC
Here's a couple detail shots of the Marder III that I have been working on lately.

Here's that verlinden interior... it's really was a lot of work to make it fit together in there. The drive shaft is missing right now.. but i'll add it after the basic painting is done.

You can see more shots at
http://www.tankshack.com/testing/models/tamiyamarderiii.html

Later,
Tim
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 05:34 AM UTC
Very clean crisp built. I like it. I think it will turn out great. Not sure if I can tell from the photo, is the machine gun's barrel drilled out?
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 06:47 AM UTC
Lookin good, Tim. ModelKasten track? I like it.

Rob
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 07:28 AM UTC
Thanks guys..
I used the Warriors Marder III Fender set - it comes with all the hardware for the fenders.
ModelKasten tracks and the Verlinden interior.

Can't wait to paint it. I'll post more images as I work through the painting.
Tim
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 08:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks guys..
I used the Warriors Marder III Fender set - it comes with all the hardware for the fenders.

Tim

Tim--we have an oft discussed topic on the benefits of painting then glueing or glueing then painting. I'd be interested in hearing your views when you post the painted version. Nice job by the way. What type camera did you use for the shots?
DJ
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 525 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 08:23 AM UTC
Well for me I used to Paint and glue, And some times, Paint and THEN glue. But after a number of not so great looking projects, And listening to the ideas going on here. AS well as
looking at all the great pictures. I fianlly started to build and then paint. And am beggining to see the benifits to it. BUT occassionally I will paint the lower hull once that part is all done. And then assemble it to the rest once that stage is completed.

DAGGER-1

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thanks guys..
used the Warriors Marder III Fender set - it comes with all the hardware for the fenders.

Tim

Tim--we have an oft discussed topic on the benefits of painting then glueing or glueing then painting. I'd be interested in hearing your views when you post the painted version. Nice job by the way. What type camera did you use for the shots?
DJ

Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 08:28 AM UTC
Tankshack,
your Marder is cleanly built and looks superb.
Looking forward to seeing the finished result,
Andrew

210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 08:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well for me I used to Paint and glue, And some times, Paint and THEN glue. But after a number of not so great looking projects, And listening to the ideas going on here. AS well as
looking at all the great pictures. I fianlly started to build and then paint. And am beggining to see the benifits to it. BUT occassionally I will paint the lower hull once that part is all done. And then assemble it to the rest once that stage is completed.

DAGGER-1

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thanks guys..
used the Warriors Marder III Fender set - it comes with all the hardware for the fenders.

Tim

DJ

Dagger---I agree. I started the LVT off in a strictly glue then paint mode. The USMC Sherman was done much the same way. Should have photos posted shortly.
DJ
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 10:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

DJ

DJ,
The usual process that I go through is build up the lower hull, and then spray black all over the inside.
Build the rest of the model.. But many assemblies are NOT glued together. (I dry fit and test fit a lot before I finally glue it)
Before painting, I disassemble the components and paint in subassmeblies.

The weathering is done in stages also.... That way I can attempt to not have 6 differently weathered subassemblies.

It also allows me to assemble and disamble the components alot also.

I like the process. This way I can have building phases and painting phases... sort of assembly line style.

As far as the camera, I use a Canon Powershot G2. The G2 is a fairly nice camera with good optics and a zillion options I am still learning about.
I also use a couple of different filters. I have a simple lighting rig and a poster board backdrop.

Later,
Tim
lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 340 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 06:11 PM UTC
Tanshack you are my idol
Wish i could model like thatmaybe one day
Good job and be sure to check mu sherman and tell me what ya think
Thanks Branden
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 02:51 AM UTC
Hi tankshack..I have a question about the Verlinden interior ...I bought it too and I'm still trying to figure out where the wire is supposed to go....seems to be connected to the machine gun or something ....what do you think??

Richard
 _GOTOTOP