Hosted by Darren Baker
Yessss
Reconrsa007
Visit this Community
North-West, South Africa
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 08:42 PM UTC
Finally a forum I needed to see, THE BIG 16.

Hiya all you 1/16 scale modellers. My first one is on it's way to me, a Tamiya King Tiger static.

I Can't wait to get my little hands on it, any advice on any problems I might encounter?

Lastly can you guys give me dimensions, pleassse!!!
Angry_Ensign
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 315 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2005 - 03:36 AM UTC
Welcome to the jungle!

As for dimensions, I'm not quite sure what you're after...the Tamiya King Tiger measures up perfectly against known dimensions, so there's no troubles there.

Some of the details in the kit can be improved with the addition of aftermarket stuff. Of course (shameless plug) Backyard Armor carries everything you'll need for the project. There's turned barrels, photoetched grille screens, machined towing shackles, spare tracks and hangars, and clear periscopes for the cupola. The only thing you'll need to add yourself will be the Zimmerit.

Aber does 1/16 scale photoetched tie downs for the equipment, and Imperial Modelbau does cast-metal tools and detail parts as well.

Jeff
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2005 - 03:43 AM UTC
I've got several 1/16 scale kits, the full R/C Tiger I and the non-R/C King Tiger, both unbuilt and the M4 Sherman (built) all by Tamiya. Unsure of the KT dimensions, but I can check.
Angry_Ensign
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 315 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2005 - 05:40 AM UTC
Oh, duh...model dimensions?

From the tip of the muzzle to the edge of the fenders, my KT is 28 and 1/2 inches in length. It's about 12 inches wide and 10 inches high without the antenna or MG42.

Jeff
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2005 - 11:44 AM UTC
Here's a side-by-side comparison. Both 1/16 scale!

Jeff
Reconrsa007
Visit this Community
North-West, South Africa
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 06:07 AM UTC
Oh Yeah, it's here. It's big and it's bad and did i forget to say this mother is BIG! It is all I ever dreamed about, now my only hickup is to finish all the other stuff (finish 4 dioramas) before my leave starts in Dec so I can build him...

Thx for info.

Unfortunately this is my one and only big 16, can't afford another, pity thou, just imagine 10+ big 16's next to each other, mmmmmmmmm drool....
 _GOTOTOP