Hosted by Darren Baker
Trumpeter 1/16 T 34/76 1943 questions
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 241 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 01:18 AM UTC

I am presently putting together this kit and I can't think of enough superlatives to describe it. I have detailed the engine with some wiring and have hit a little hurdle with the brakes.

After assembling them, bending the plastic sheet around the drums and attaching the "stands" it seems that the legs of the stands want to be about 8mm above the holes in the floor into which they are supposed to fit. I can't see where I have gone wrong in the instructions and was wondering whether any of you had struck the same problem?

I have seen the photos in Mr Mox's gallery of the T34 with the turret and engine deck off and intend to do something similar with mine - but this could spoil the rear view :-) (Jan, I hope you haven't copyrighted that dio )

The only solution that I can see is to scratch some sort of pillars for the legs to rest on.

Brian
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 01:30 AM UTC
No copyright, so go ahead mate!

I had no problems at all with the brake, except for the difficulty in bending them - try to soften them with hot water.

If the "drums" for the brakes is still unattachede to the transmission you may be able to turn the whole assembly in position.

If you want to open the enginedeck, then you might consider detailing the top of the springtowers.

Have you seen the previus treads on the subject: tread 1 and tread 2 ?

bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 241 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 12:15 AM UTC
Jan

Thanks for the links to those 2 threads - spent 2 hours reading through them . A couple of the links are now dead or photos have been removed but there were a couple of reference links that I had not come across before.

I did heat the brakes and that seemed to work OK - the plastic has "whited" in a couple of places but at least it didn't dimple so should paint up alright.

The drums aren't glued to the gearbox yet so I will try and juggle them a bit and see what happens.

Hopefully I will have this one finished for our competition next May (I acquired it at the last comp) - but if I keep hanging around Armorama I will never get it done. :-)

Brian
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 12:27 AM UTC
Plz show your progress, pics preferrable :-)

_GOTOTOP