_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
My Enlisted Naval Rank isn't working.
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Armorama: 356 posts
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2005 - 06:34 AM UTC
Anyone got an idea why all of a sudden I can't see my enlisted naval rank anymore? I can see everyone elses, just not mine.
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2005 - 08:49 AM UTC
Try this.

Swap your profile to " No Ranks" and then save your profile settings.

Go back into your profile, change back to the rank you want and save it again. It worked for me.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2005 - 11:08 AM UTC
You've been busted.... for an over active imagination, and dreadful jokes...... :-) :-)

What Jazza said..... usually works......
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2005 - 11:09 AM UTC
That worked, Thanks! HEY LOOK MOM! I gotta new stripe!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2005 - 11:18 AM UTC
Like the Capt use to say to me....
"It won't last"...... :-) :-)

I use to put my rank on with double sided tape......!!!
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 02:41 AM UTC
LOL, Grumpy! I got along fine with my C/O. I used to be the bow hook on the gig and on shore, depending where we were I'd be his shadow taking note of the people that were taking note of him. Some call it body guard, he never liked the term, he used to just say that I had his back. Laugh, he used to be a pro foot ball player so he was certainly strong enough to handle himself in a drunken scuffle which I had orders not to interfere in, just stay back, I was just a skinny kid, but I could take note of who might have captured him or if need be, and it was possible, my weapons became great equalizers and a wonderful element of surprize to anyone that wanted to take it to another level. The key word was shadow, once away from the gig I wasn't supposed to even acknowledge him. Just observe his surroundings and not draw attention to him as being a C/O, in his civies he'd say that he was a cook when asked at bars and houses of gratifying entertainment. The cool thing was he would loan me out to a rear admiral to do the same thing. Life was pretty interesting sometimes for Uncle EasyOff. I also got to go places and see things that I wouldn't have ever been to or seen as a young man who's primary goal in life was to get laid and drunk. You know, sight seeing, cultural things etc.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 02:59 AM UTC
John, knowing you, I'm having a hard time seeing you as a "Skinny Kid"...... :-) :-)

EasyOff
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 05:48 AM UTC
Oh Man! Now I'm going to have to get some photo's scanned to show you just how adorable I was! :-) :-)
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 07:02 AM UTC
Just took a picture of a picture. Heh, I don't have a scanner.
This is the Captain, the shake here was genuine, and it hurt like hell. This was my 3rd class promotion handshake. I also think that he wanted to tear me a new one because my hat had characer and it wasn't supposed to be.

I weighed 150 lbs, size 29 waiste at age 23. I was 190 lbs at age 35 prior to all my surgeries, then I went up to 310 lbs. I'm losing it now, slowly, I'm down between 265 and 272, it fluxes. But I know what ya mean, heh, hard to picture.
:-) :-) :-)
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 11:10 AM UTC
Well, John..... just to prove that I was once young....
Here is the only photo I have of me when in uniform.
(All my photos were destroyed when the house went under the Passaic River a few years ago) This was taken at a shipmates wedding, I was somewhat fresh out of boot camp, and chasing the garter..... (His wife actually found this photo one day and emailed it to me, I cropped out the innocent by-standers)
I'm pushing 60.... and still chasing garters..... except with an extra 100 pounds to move around....
Jenny
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 08:49 PM UTC
Now there is a damn fine looking piece of manflesh there . I bet he would have gone through belts by the month ( so many notches in them ) . Dave , could you picture me in garters , anything to get your mind off sports , underwire , sleeping attire LOL :-) :-) :-) :-)
Love Jenny
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 02:47 AM UTC
I've been to Australia Jenny. I fell in love when I was there, I was head over heals with a girl from Bunburry. I stayed at her house for 2 weeks, drove her car sight seeing while she worked days, and cooked for her when she got home from work. She begged me to stay, but naturally I couldn't because the Navy would have hunted me down and put me in jail if I did. When I left, I had no pictures, no addresses, nothing to remind me of what I left behind. It was one of the hardest days of my life leaving Australia, I just loved everyone down there.
 _GOTOTOP